What's new

StrategyWiki is seeking help - New staff position

procyon

後輩
12 Apr 2008
Hello everyone. I am a staff member at StrategyWiki.org. We are a website that is striving to become the most comprehensive wiki for video game information and strategies on the web. We have always had it in the back of our minds that we would like to create new versions of our site in other languages, and naturally, the language we would like to try first is Japanese.

We are currently looking for people who can communicate in both English and Japanese in order to help us begin a brand new Japanese language wiki about video games. This person must have an interest in games, and have good coordination skills. You will be responsible for overseeing the growth of the site, matching the style of the original StrategyWiki where appropriate, and leading it down alternate paths where appropriate as culture and tastes dictate.

Please bare in mind that this is a strictly voluntary position, as we are a non-profit organization. If you are at all interested in interviewing with the SW staff, please contact me via http: //strategywiki.org/wiki/Special:Emailuser/Procyon . Please do not respond on this thread as I will unlikely be able to check it out very frequently. We certainly hope to hear from some of you, as we are very excited about extending our services to the land where the greatest video games come from.

Thanks!
Procyon and the StrategyWiki staff

It's fine to ask for volunteers, but I just wanted to point out that being a non-profit is not a good reason to give for not paying the people that work for you.
Top Ten Myths about Working for Nonprofit Organizations said:
Myth #1: No one makes any money in the nonprofit sector.
The term ツ"nonprofitツ" refers to the 501(c) tax code in the United States. Non-
governmental organization, or NGO, and ツ"charityツ" are the common terms used outside the US. Revenues generated by nonprofit organizations go back into programs that serve the organizations' mission. There are no stockholders receiving annual financial dividends, and employees do not receive a bonus at the end of a good year. According to Independent Sector, $670 billion are earned by nonprofit organizations annually, and one in twelve Americans work in the nonprofit sector.
Good luck finding your volunteer, I mean that.

It's fine to ask for volunteers, but I just wanted to point out that being a non-profit is not a good reason to give for not paying the people that work for you.
Good luck finding your volunteer, I mean that.

OK, non-profit was perhaps not the right term. The fact is, NONE of us get paid. The entire site is run on a strictly voluntary basis. The only money we earn is the small amount that we get from Google ads, and donations, and that all goes towards paying the server maintenance fees. If the ads don't pay the bills, the rest comes out of the site owner's pocket. Seriously, we all do this out of love and enjoyment, so whoever applies needs to be rather dedicated to the cause.

However, we do strive to become bigger and better, and hopefully profitable one day. So this can be seen as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that may result in pay in the future. We simply can't guarantee anything like that will happen.

Procyon

Back
Top Bottom