What's new

stop and smell the flowers

johnnyG

Sempai
Donor
23 Dec 2010
Since I criticised another person's pictures, perhaps it is only fair that I post some of my own for public "analysis"! So here are some from the last month or so:

asterisks.jpg
pink azalea.jpg
purple-yellow.jpg
tri-color.jpg
yellow wall.jpg

All done with either a Lumix LX-5 (fav) or Sony RX-100 (yuk). Kind of nicer quality point&shoots, but neither one very new.

WOW these pictures are GORGEOUS...and really make me realize how crappy my phone camera is lol~ I bet you took amazing pictures when the sakura were blooming too!

Nice photos everyone! Has anyone been to Lanvendar Batake: Lavender Batake | Hiroko's ANABA | LEVART After seeing all the flower photos, I really want to go haha

To be honest, I don't like these places in Japan where huge numbers of the same type of flower are planted as a tourist attraction. There's one at the end of my train line (Chichibu), where a very pleasant park (Hitsujiyama koen) turns into huge stripes of white and pink flowers for a few weeks in April, and to me it just looks weird, I prefer nature natural!
I've been to the area (Biei) where the photos on your site were taken, and I found the lavender fields the least attractive part of a very beautiful area.

A few more, not as good as earlier in the season:

gladiolis-small.jpg
gladiolis2-small.jpg
unknown2-small.jpg
mukuge-small.jpg

I'm not sure what this is, but it should be good when it goes off:
unknown buds-small.jpg

A few from a little earlier. First is almost a flower within a flower, next is from a small bridge maybe 500-700m from home, and last is an ugly wall but the cicadas have been noisy these days and it's just the right moment:

big pink.jpg

big pink-detail.jpg

Sunflowers are out more, still not peak but that's coming. I'm not sure what the purple ones are.

sunflowers-small.jpg

purples-small.jpg

are you a professional? Geez! Your pics are that astounding that i wish to download them all, print them out, and attach them on the wall in front of my bed, to make me feel relaxed. Can I?
Waiting for your "copyright" permission. :)

Back
Top Bottom