What's new

song translation request

warashiro

後輩
26 Sep 2013
HI THERE, Buntaro! I need this for a project and the text below that I want translated into Japanese is from the song called ''ghosts'n'stuff''. If you would take your time to carry out this translation for me I would be truly happy.

Thank you!

"At the present moment I'm not recording, I'm not on tour, I've never had a song who's number 1 on Beatport. I've never been featured on JunoDownload or Trackitdown. I've never released vinyl but what I do know is that I've been listening to elictronica for many years and I've every right to speak my mind against the fabricated music that is being released on a daily basis. It's absolutely appalling! All these people think that if you're on the Beatport top 10 then you're making something out of yourself, well your making a mockery out of electronic music! I'm a producer and I come from the underground, and I'm quite frankly I'm sick and tired! And I'm here to go on these rants on messageboards because I know I'll never mount to anything and I need to make myself feel better so when I'm not high on cocaine I'll sit in front of this computer till the cows come home and continue ranting and raving about artists that actually living out their dreams because I never will!"

Translation requests: please read first! | Japan Forum

(FYI, the last time Buntaro-san visited this forum was Aug 29, 2012.)
Oh my bad. But toritoribe-san, I see you a lot here in this forum helping people so maybe you could give me a hand with this text? Well, for the record I don't estimate these lyrics to be more than reasonably short (afterall the headline does say 'song translation request') and yes, I have already attempted thoroughly at translating this. Here is it:
JAPANESE

''Genjiten de ha kiroku shite inai shi watashi ha tsuaa no toochu de inakute beatport no ue de ichiban no kyoku o motte iru koto ga arimasen. sara ni junodownload mataha trackitdown ni keisai sarete imasen deshita. Biniiru o ririisu shita koto ga nai ga watashi no shitteru koto ha naganen ni denshi ongaku o kiiitekita shi, watashi wa nichijō-teki ni rirīsu sa rete seizō sa reta ongaku ni taisuru honshin o hyougen suru noha arayuru kenri ga aru nda. Sono ongaku ha zettai ni sanbi da yo! Mina-san ha beatport no toppu ten ni shozai suru hitobito ga jibun kara nanika o tsukutte iru to omoimasu, demo jitsu ha sonna hito ga denshi ongaku no sangyou o hametsu shite imasu to iu no koto da! Watashi ha purodyuuzaa de chika kara kimashita node socchoku ni itte mou unzari da! Soshite, watashi wa nanika toritsukeru koto wa kesshite nai darou shitte iru node kore ni oite hantai suru yotei de seikatsu ni shiawase ha hitsuyou ga aru n dakara kokain de hai jyanai no toki ni zutto kono kompyuutaa no mae ni suwatte otte jibun no yume o ikiteiru aatisuto ni tsuite kyouran to hantai o tsudukemasu nazenara watashi ha sonna koto o kesshite dekinai kara!''

Well, isn't that a nice start, eh?
I thank you many times in advance and you've helped me before so--
ONEGAISHIMASU SENSEI

Do you realize how obvious it is that you started with Google Translate?

There, there, mike. Do you realize how offensive your comment seems?
Yes, I use google translate a lot and for some reason you make sound like it's something one should be ashamed of using. Or am I wrong?
When you're studying any language in an intermediate level, like myself, it is a really good start to have the text translated in google and then afterwards correct it from all grammar mistakes and so on. I learned quite a bunch of new words and patterns by using this method along with the electonic dictionary rikai-kun. It's indeed quite effective even though google translate is often not too precise and correct, especially when dealing with a tough language like Japanese.

There, there, mike. Do you realize how offensive your comment seems?
Yes, I use google translate a lot and for some reason you make sound like it's something one should be ashamed of using. Or am I wrong?
When you're studying any language in an intermediate level, like myself, it is a really good start to have the text translated in google and then afterwards correct it from all grammar mistakes and so on. I learned quite a bunch of new words and patterns by using this method along with the electonic dictionary rikai-kun. It's indeed quite effective even though google translate is often not too precise and correct, especially when dealing with a tough language like Japanese.

Please read the sticky again. It requests your serious effort, not Google's serious effort.

Ok jeez... First of all, stop judging me like that. Secondly, if you think this is too advanced for me then why don't you help out? That IS why making this request after all. Seriously I don't get this, one of you is telling me I'm not skilled enough and the other tells me not to use helping tools. Well, of course I would have to use translate or other helping tools if I wasn't a skilled Japanese speaker. I wasn't freaking born in Japan.

Again, please read the thread I linked in my previous post.
- your request is reasonably short

- you submit your own serious attempt at translating the text you require assistance with
We do not permit users to post entire song lyrics (unless they have made a serious attempt at translating them themselves),
Your request is NOT reasonably short, as already pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom