What's new

Something Fun

Damicci

先輩
4 Nov 2003
Me and buddy having fun getting in shape with Dance Central
We have a few videos up so you can check those as well.

[video=youtube_share;j0e8Sd5mpxc]

Fantastic! You just started my day with a good laugh! Nice dancing, although I hope your buddy knows that you put this on the internet lol.

That's a very entertaining video.

Who or what is a "gangnam"?

It's a district of Seoul, South Korea. Here is how our friend Wiki defines "Gangnam":

"Both the Greater Gangnam Area and Gangnam itself are widely known for its heavily concentrated wealth and high standard of living, which has been compared to cities such as Beverly Hills, California."

I found an article regarding the lack of success of this song in Japan the other day:

Western stereotypes may explain Japan's Psy-lence
Amid all the excitement, analysis and general horse-dancing hoo-haa over Korean musician Psy's smash hit "Gangnam Style," one story that has provoked a certain amount of head-scratching among fans is the song's relative lack of success in Japan.

..."Gangnam Style" 's perfect storm of a catchy tune, thumping beat, easy-to-learn dance routine and sense of humor is clearly reason enough to enjoy the hell out of the song, but it's far from the only K-pop song to mesh those attributes...

...Psy has done a lot in ensuring that millions now know that South Korea even has pop music, but he may also have just made it harder for other artists to follow him. While Japanese fans continue to enjoy a relatively diverse range of Korean artists, from this point forth, the vast majority of Americans and Europeans will have their preconceptions of any new Korean acts colored by "Gangnam Style."...

Read the whole article here:
Western stereotypes may explain Japan's Psy-lence | The Japan Times Online

This one's been making the rounds in my circles:

[video=youtube;kpZhZAr1cQU]

Back
Top Bottom