What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Some statues etc I need help with...

Kasie

後輩
Reaction score
When in Japan, I visited what I think is a 'Buddha' statue. It was around the Hamamatsu area (within an hours drive?), and is at least a couple of stories high. One hand is out as though receiving something, and the other is holding what looks like a flower. There are many coloured flags at the base. It's situated on a hill/mountain... Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, does anyone have any information on the torii in the water at Bentinjima?

TIA :) (I'm doing an assignment in case you're wondering and am using some old photo's that I didn't label at the time doh).

Mars Man

先輩
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Just to let you know that folks are reading, but no one seems to really know, yet. Neither do I, appologies. I hope someone will respond soon enough. You may be able to get some information from the net, however.

Kasie

後輩
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know :)

I'm trying to find all 'statues in japan' in Google and then looking at images - so far no luck...

Ah well, if no one knows by the time it's nearly due, I'll just do a general page I guess lol...

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
you have a photo of this statue? It might help if you shared them with us. I know people from Nagoya, which isn't too far from Hamamatsu; they might recognize the statue if it's well-known.

Top Bottom