What's new

Some of the better Japanese (窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェツ) anime and manga information websites?

Minc

後輩
26 Dec 2006
I've studied Japanese for a while now and I've been switching over to more and more to raw animes and a few raw mangas. One of the problems I've been running into is actually learning about the existence of a series, as I mostly have to wait for an english speaker to write about so I can learn about it, figure out the spelling, and view it for myself.

Considering that anime and manga are significantly more important in japan I know there have to be at least a handful of higher quality websites that track series, release dates, publishers and popularity. I've tried searching for this stuff myself but I think the main problem is that I simply don't know enough vocab and how it's commonly used to find something useful.

My question is, what would be some Japanese websites you guys would suggest for finding that kind of information on animes and mangas?

As a new member here let me say that I did try searching for this before hand and didn't get anything from it. If you know of another thread where this topic was nailed on head, please link to it.

Last edited:
Hello Minc,
I understand what you mean, but if there's such info, I'd like to know myself...

As for New Anime, I always get info from Moonphase; they at least give you the title of the new series, its airing time and date, link to its official web site and whatnot, but they don't have summary. Well, moonphase does give you some of the summary here but it's written in blunt Japanese with a lot of slangs, so it might be hard to figure out.
By the way "Who Subs What" may be good, the information is taken from the same Moonphase, it has the links to official websites, and it's (of course) in English (but it only has the title of the new series, not continuing series nor detailed episode info).

As for current Anime(not finished one), I refer to Syoboi Calender for info; this is also a good resourse for me but it's usuful for recording anime(you can check if the on-air schedule is on time or not) and to find more detailed info(like, when the next episode will be aired) and so on. It also has good database(links to official website of course, as well as similar anime like done by same director or staff including voice actors/actresses).

D2_Station has a short review as well as detailed info, so it might be another good site for your needs. But then again, the information might be too much, it's hard to find what you want.
(Just in case, you need to click each sub title to see the review)

As for manga, I get info on release date from Comics Hatsubai Yotei Ichiran by Taiyousha. But it's kind of a big list and hard to find what you're interested in... besides, it has no links to their official web sites or no summary either.

Anyway, I look at those lists above first, and if I find something I'd like to get more info on it, then I just visit the publisher's/production's website and search it again. -_-;;;

If you luckily find more useful site, I'd very much appreciate it if you could share with me. 🙂

Cue

Back
Top Bottom