What's new

Some guy Thomas wants me to say this....

genkikiwi

後輩
26 May 2003
👏 Hi Kids! I am a sort of new user and this being my first foray into the world of the internet community at large thought that I would follow all the rules as laid down by our webmaster, Thomas.

So here goes:

Rural Kiwi backpacks around Jappers after highschool. Loves it. Goes to University with the express idea of getting any old degree so he can get on the JET program(me). Has 2 years in and gets sick of the formalities of local culture. Leaves and goes to Britain. Hates the place. Leaves and goes to Vietnam. Loves the place. Starts own business. Hates the place. Sells business and now prepares for a move to either Chile or Jappers.

That was life in a nutshell. How easy and simple it has been, oh, and also pretty black and white.

Anyone else from the JET thingy who has yet to claim there With-holding tax refund? My intial payment was made with typical Japanese effeciency and attention to detail. Then it became my responsibility and I am so lazy!! Anyone remember the procedure and what documents I need???

SOrry a little of the track, but like I say I expect miracles from this new-fangled WWW thingy.

Peace, love, Merry Christmas.

"The genkiest one of all!"

xin chao kiwi and welcome, sounds like an interesting life so far anyway have fun on the forum.

Hi, Genkikiwi ! Welcome back to the forum !

I joined the forum just 1 yr after you, but it feels good to welcome you back.
So have you settled down in Chile ? (Where is Jappers by the way ?)
Isn't the www wonderful ?
I get to greet your post from 2 yrs before while you visit the same post ?
Surreal actually... like a time machine, huh ! :D

lexico said:
(Where is Jappers by the way ?)

I think Jappers must be the country where the Jappies live.

I mean, it couldn't be an abbreviation for Japan, since Japan has 5 letters and Jappers has 7.

Hello to the forum and from me. For a knowledge base about Japan with supposedly inflexible rules, we're pretty casual around here.

Im confused...

Why are you welcoming a guy who joined more than two years ago??? Strange... ☝
Um and where is his post to say he's back?

Nothing strange, actually. I saw Genkikiwi logged on, so I thought I'd say hello. :)
Didn't you like Genkikiwi's intro ?

haha Oh ok, Yeah I did like it. Just to clarify Jappers to many Kiwi's is Japan. Sorry we dont have any special name for Korea... not that im aware of.

Well that was nice of you to go through to his first post and find him... :D

mikecash said:
I think Jappers must be the country where the Jappies live.

I mean, it couldn't be an abbreviation for Japan, since Japan has 5 letters and Jappers has 7.
How could you, Mike ! :eek:
I know you hate smilies, but I trusted you. :auch:
Yet you didn't have the decency to append a " :p " at the end ?
Yeah, I am sure you got a good laugh at taking in this poor non-native speaker par excellence.
5 letters and 7 letters ! 😭
Never mind; I know you are not one to :sorry: -ise.

A bit lost on this one, but, anyway, I'll take everyone's word for it.

Welcome back genkikiwi !! I'm a pretty new one here. Hope to hear more from you !! See you !! 🙂

lexico said:
How could you, Mike ! :eek:
I know you hate smilies, but I trusted you. :auch:
Yet you didn't have the decency to append a " :p " at the end ?
Yeah, I am sure you got a good laugh at taking in this poor non-native speaker par excellence.
5 letters and 7 letters ! 😭
Never mind; I know you are not one to :sorry: -ise.

I always leave sufficient blank space in my posts that people may imagine any smiley they like, in any place they like.

WOW! This is the first time that I have participated in some sort of on-line community thing. It is amazing that a simple bit of time wasting two years ago could have generated the sort of response that it has. Wow! Once again!

Some of you appear concerned about the slang term "Jappers". As someone has already pointed out it is Japan. What about the term "Vina's"......anyone want to take a guess? And while you are at it have a crack at the term "Sepo".....

Finally lets all wish Junichiro all the best in the upcoming vote and that he manages to reform the beast and give Jappers a crack at getting back on it's feet.

Chuse.

Congratulations, Genkikiwi ! 👏
How would you like to start a discussion on any topic you think might be fun to talk about ? :D

Hahhaha even though im from New zealand.... um I dont know what Vina's is (Wine????) Sepo thats one I definately havent heard of. Are you from Wellington? Christchurch? I know a lot of guys that like to abbreviate things, such as Brewski's heh. :D

Back
Top Bottom