What's new

so they went mad en masse, World-War-II, J

TuskCracker

後輩
17 Jan 2004
''Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

''They're a nation of anxious people, and they could do nothing individually, so they went mad en masse,'' Lawrence says of the Japanese.
-

Movie 1983: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. Has David Bowie as a main character in the movie

Any truth to this analysis of what happened to Japanese, or explaining Japan's World War-II behaviour.

J people,so they went mad en masse, World-War-II,

Are they today, in mass "still anxious" culture and people ?

Any truth to this analysis of what happened to Japanese, or explaining Japan's World War-II behaviour.
I don't think you can explain the actions of the Japanese from one pithy movie quote.

I'm familiar with the movie, never have seen it myself... but I don't think we can take too much from it to help understand the actions of anyone during WWII.

There are ample ammounts of historical information out there should you choose to read it. I would suggest the library first, wikipedia second...

If you ask if I think that the Japanese are anxious, I would say that I think that they are looking forward to the future. In some cases this produces a sense of dread, and in others a sense of excitement.

''Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

''They're a nation of anxious people, and they could do nothing individually, so they went mad en masse,'' Lawrence says of the Japanese

I know one sentance cannot explain this. But I was in forum talkin about David Bowie (he just turned 60 years old). I read that he received great reviews for his acting in the movie "''Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence". Every movie critic gave "David Bowie" a great review for this movie.

I thought this quote from the movie (fiction but based on real events), was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom