What's new

Smoking: Attempted Suicide?

Winter

Gag me with a spoon
19 Nov 2003
It wont be long, what with CA's restrictions on smokers, and penalties, and all this propaganda against it, that smoking will be considered attempted suicide, smoking around others endangerment, and giving a friend who asks for a free cig attempted murder.

I Always Wonder When They Will Go After...

booze. Twenty years ago we would have said it would never happen, the attack on smoking! We have Prohibition
to look back on, but will it be enough to hold off the liberals? I mean, look how great we are doing on the battle to do away with drugs! I don't know though if we could handle a world without booze? We'd have terriffic boredom & probably a major population explosion, probably thousands of police out of work. A world without
smoking it rough, but without booze, impossible!

Frank

😊 :p 😲 :eek:

:mad:
God Frank i almost had a small heartattack at my young age from something like that. Do away with Liquor, true it could have its benefits but think about the downfall of NFL superbowl parties, afterwork drinks, The time you spend at family reuions while bar-b-queing. I'm telling you this could be a disaster if even thought of [i mean i almost had a heartattack.]

The smoking could be a near future reality! But then again, if something like that was too happen-it surely would have already especially with the amount of deaths caused by smoking.I believe its not done away with right now because depending on the "substance", smoking can have its benefits....ex.cancer patients using the drugs for medical reasons.

Life would officially be over for me if cigs were banned, along with alcohol again. *shakes head* Thats all I got, they cant take it away.

EscaFlowne said:
:mad:
God Frank i almost had a small heartattack at my young age from something like that. Do away with Liquor, true it could have its benefits but think about the downfall of NFL superbowl parties, afterwork drinks, The time you spend at family reuions while bar-b-queing. I'm telling you this could be a disaster if even thought of [i mean i almost had a heartattack.]
There have been several studies showing that wine and hard liquor in moderation is beneficial. But you're suggesting that we reinstate prohibition just because it's possible to misuse alcohol? Okay, but in that case, we'd better ban anything that has caffine in it as well, since I'm pretty sure that having 20-30 shots of espresso will give you a heart attack as well. And sugar too, because I'm sure you won't be feeling too great after eating several bowls of it. Oops, almost forgot about salt, can't have that either because high-sodium diets can lead to heart disease and strokes. And don't even get me started about automobiles, tools, cooking utensils, farming equipment, electronics, etc...

Just don't take my coffee and chocolate, mr Gobberment men. I promise to be a good mindless working drone. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom