What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Travel Sleeping at Hiroshima Airport

Lampshade

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was wondering if it’s okay to sleep on one of the seats in Hiroshima Airport during the whole night?
I did do that at Haneda Airport once but I feel like this airport is smaller and might close during the night or something.
I can’t seem to find any good (i.e. cheap) hostels or hotels in Mihara so I was thinking of just heading up there since my plane is pretty early anyway. Or does anyone know of a manga café in Mihara where I could crash? I feel like that’s an experience that I would like to have some day.
Thanks!

cocoichi

Sempai
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was wondering if it’s okay to sleep on one of the seats in Hiroshima Airport during the whole night?
I did do that at Haneda Airport once but I feel like this airport is smaller and might close during the night or something.
I can’t seem to find any good (i.e. cheap) hostels or hotels in Mihara so I was thinking of just heading up there since my plane is pretty early anyway. Or does anyone know of a manga café in Mihara where I could crash? I feel like that’s an experience that I would like to have some day.
Thanks!

Airbnb and hostelworld shows search results of 2000 yen pn and up (I didn't specify a date). How much are you willing to pay? I think that is quite a fare price for a bed and shower.

Reaction score
Are there any signs that say no sleeping? Years ago when I was young and broke in Japan, I sometimes slept at airports and also on the benches at train platforms. Sometimes the platform attendants would wander by and look at me, but none of them wanted to try their luck by speaking to a gaijin. This is an American attitude, but I went by the maxim, that which is not expressly forbidden is permitted.

Lampshade

Kouhai
Reaction score
Sorry for answering so late, thank you for the responses! I’m spending about 2500 yen/night in other hostels during my trip, I usually never stay at places more than 3000 yen/night. The cheaper the better!
And Hiroyuki Nagashima, that’s just what I was looking for. I can’t wait to try that out :) Thanks!

Top Bottom