What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Shimokita Nights - Keiko Narahashi

Keiko_N

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Today I am releasing my new album! It's called Shimokita Nights ... music inspired by and written on trains
icon_smile.gif

I'm not professional musician but i love recording and playing until too early in the morning
icon_smile.gif
... I love reading all your posts too!

Phew!
icon_smile.gif
... I hope you enjoy some songs!

keiko narahashi

https://keikonarahashi.bandcamp.com/alb ... ita-nights

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Are you in Tokyo or are you in New Zealand?

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
Keiko--you've got ambient down, but I'd offer that at some point you need to try some faster tempos and certainly some different rythms or time signatures. (as you say, maybe a late night thing?) I like the initial tracks on your album more than the later ones.

I'd be interested in your synths & equipment-I've still got a TX802 and a controller or two that haven't been plugged in in years. And a drawer full of midi cables... I do realize that all that's passé these days, but just so you know.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
I have cleaned up this thread, gents please stay OT. This is Keiko's thread.

Thanks for sharing, @Keiko_N ! I haven't listened to all your tracks yet, but I like what I have heard so far, very "moody". :)

Keiko_N

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello johnnyG san! thank you for your comments ... I record my music very late at night, so i am probably very sleepy! :) .. .i should try a faster tempo. Here is my equipment at the moment:

Akai MPC Renaissance / Akai 4000DS MKII / DSI Prophet 6 / Dreadbox Erebus / Elektron Machinedrum / Fender Jazzmaster / Korg SV-1 / Teenage Engineering OP-1 / OTO Biscuit / MFB 522 / Moog Sub 37 / Nord Drum 2 / Roland RE-201 / Strymon El Capistan / Strymon Big Sky / Vermona DRM1 MK3 / Vermona Perfourmer / Waldorf Blofeld / Warm Audio WA-12

please share my songs with your friends!

keiko narahashi

johnnyG

先輩
Reaction score
Wow--reel to reel? And a Jazzmaster? And a sub 37?!?!?

I'm going to listen again!

Keiko_N

Kouhai
Reaction score
Yes, the akai reel to reel is new! i used it on the song <slow dance> ... it sounds very wonky :) ... i like boards of canada so maybe that's why i like wonky sound!

Top Bottom