Sentences

Kaian88

初心者
14 Jun 2006
I can't understand these two:

Kabuto (from naruto): 引きずりすぎだよ。

Kabuto: ズレてるよそれ。。。

解説してください。 ありがとうございます。
(explain please ^_^, thank you very much)

Both are hard without context, but here's my thoughts:

引きずりすぎだよ。

引きずる is like 'drag', right? With ―過ぎる, It becomes 'you've dragged ___ too far'. You could also use it to mean 'you've taken ___ too far' I think. I don't watch anime really, but I'm guessing the context you heard this in was probably someone yelling at someone else that they have taken something too far, or said too much.

ズレてるよそれ。

ずれる means 'out of place'. For example, 事務所に来て金庫の位置が前日より少しずれているのに気づいた。 (I came to the office and noticed that the safe was in a slightly different place than the day before.) In your context, however, it is more likely to be something like お前の言った事は今の話題よりずれてるんだよ! (What you said is off what we are talking about! / Get back on topic!) But I'm not so sure about this one. It isn't a very strong phrase, so if someone yelled it it would sound weird. Depends on context. Mind giving a bit of info on the scene you heard them?

Both are hard without context, but here's my thoughts:
引きずりすぎだよ。
引きずる is like 'drag', right? With ―過ぎる, It becomes 'you've dragged ___ too far'. You could also use it to mean 'you've taken ___ too far' I think. I don't watch anime really, but I'm guessing the context you heard this in was probably someone yelling at someone else that they have taken something too far, or said too much.
ズレてるよそれ。
ずれる means 'out of place'. For example, 事務所に来て金庫の位置が前日より少しずれているのに 気づいた。 (I came to the office and noticed that the safe was in a slightly different place than the day before.) In your context, however, it is more likely to be something like お前の言った事は今の話題よりずれてるんだよ! (What you said is off what we are talking about! / Get back on topic!) But I'm not so sure about this one. It isn't a very strong phrase, so if someone yelled it it would sound weird. Depends on context. Mind giving a bit of info on the scene you heard them?

引きずる(Hikizuru) - drag along , to drag. maybe in the context its not in the 'literal' sense of dragging. more like to prolong, to keep something up or going for too long when 過ぎる(sugiru) is added.

ずれる(zureru) or somtimes written like 滑れる - to slip or slide off. this could be said in general or when referring to a topic or discussion. As in 'slipping of the topic'

But since the topic of what their discussing is unknown, various interpretations can be created. Kabuto is probaly trying to say, "whats going on has been happening for too long, and is besides the point" i would say its a similar variation, but there's so many equivelent variations that can be made.

Back
Top Bottom