What's new

Sending an email from UK to Japan mobile

r055

Registered
26 Mar 2004
Hi Guys,

I am trying to send an email from the UK to Japan to my girlfriends mobile phone.

But she cannot read the content.

Do I need to include basic html tags for the text to arrive on her mobile?

Any advice on this problem would be appreciated,

cheers

r055

r055 said:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to send an email from the UK to Japan to my girlfriends mobile phone.

cheers

r055

Are you sending her mail in html format ?

Normally when i send email to my friend's cel-phone, i send it in just plain text emails, and they recieve it fine.

r055 said:

Betcha using Japanese (JIS) format and probably without proper charset information in your email.

Ideally you should use Japanese (EUC) format - but this may not be possible depending on what software your using. If you don't say what software you're using I won't be able to give you much help.

I think I once freaked out a penpal once since I often sent really long emails, and pretty frequent also. It wasn't until two weeks or so that she told me she was using her phone for her email. That was the first time I became familiar with how a Japanese phone email looked like. My thoughts were that I was probably hiking up her charges (though she didn't say anything of the sort), but I felt kinda bad. But we lost contact already. ^^' She didn't email me for like a month, and after that, she tells me that her phone broke or something. I don't know whether that's true or not, or just her parents (or herself) didn't like the bill. :D :D

Am guessing that your gf don't have a computer.

It would be alot easier if you could tell her to get a e-mail account if she can get access to a computer.

but

How are you ganna tell her if you can't e-mail her on her cell-phone.

Its a bad situation.

Back
Top Bottom