What's new

send this guy as much money as possible

But did they let him pick up his debit card before they booked him?

Isn't it a bit jaded to characterize the victims of this disaster as criminals and rapists? Does it give you comfort in some kind of way that of the 3 million people displaced, this evil idiot was among them? Way to go guys. Let's start burning out the compassionate American wallet early. Ha- ha your disaster check goes to criminals! How cynical can you guys get.

People are still suffering. If you guys and that "liberal" media can't see that, you need to pack up and see it first hand.

Jarvis- if this doesn't have shades of racism- are you thinking of what your Lord and Savior might do? I don't think he would find the rape of a mentally retarded 13 year old amusing, do you? This doesn't seem compassionate or loving. And if you weren't trying to be funny, what was your point?

Who characterized victims of this disaster as criminals and rapists? More precisely, why is "guys" plural in your post?

Last edited:
I was also wondering who he's referring to as "guys". Just reread them if you're referring to us, Sabro. So far the responses are all negative about the 1st post above. I won't to get into a debate about this thread - it's too silly to begin with.

Sorry guys, Substitute "Jarvis, my dear brother in the Lord", for "guys."

My father in law is originally from New Orleans, so aspersions cast upon the good people of the Crescent city tend to piss me off. Gomen Nasai

jarvis said:
Jarvis, I wish you would be more honest about yourself instead of being evasive of your issues by not talking about them, but by making hidden suggestions with your posts and links that involve little of yourself. You are simply being malicious. Why don't you just say it ?
First off, that you hate *...*
That you feel victimised by *...*
That you would hate to share your country with *...*
That you would hate to share the body of Christ with *...*
That you would hate to share heaven with *...*
That you would rather go to hell than sharing heaven with *...*
That you would rather go to hell.
That you are not even Christian, not Presbyterian Protestant Christian to say the least, 'cause I can clearly see you aren't.

Then maybe we can start talking. Maybe we can help you. You quote the bible here and there, but your demeanor is sheer blasphemy all the way, clamouring away like a lifeless, loveless gong. Allow me to suggest that you change your ways, my friend, and return to the Way of the Lord, for He knows the depths of your secrets to the last tiny detail. Lest your gnash your teeth in the dark, crying out, Lord, Lord ! Lest He says to you, "I do not know you, Jarvis."

Mike- what's your point? That they have a high murder rate? That they are basically bad humans? That they have problems with police recruitment, crime and drugs? I guess Katrina solved those problems.

The city is a port- the nation's busiest. It also had a rate of poverty twice the national average.

And I still like the people. (I will be watching my wife carefully though.)

sabro said:
Mike- what's your point? That they have a high murder rate? That they are basically bad humans? That they have problems with police recruitment, crime and drugs? I guess Katrina solved those problems.

Nice twist there at the end. It goes well with the ad hominen stuff you've been slinging.

My point was that the good people of New Orleans are fearful of the bad people of New Orleans and distrustful of the police of New Orleans to the point that nobody called to report 700 gunshots.

The city is a port- the nation's busiest. It also had a rate of poverty twice the national average.

Interesting that so much economic activity has failed to lower the poverty rate, doncha think? But how does a busy port explain a long tradition of corruption in local politics? (Must be the white Republicans who did that).

And I still like the people. (I will be watching my wife carefully though.)

I like them, too. I used to work out of the city of Reserve, LA and frequently went into New Orleans and various other Louisiana locations. Had I remained in the U.S. it is possible that I might have relocated there. Sweating and swatting mosquitos on New Year's Day was something I found rather appealing.

jarvis, thanks for the link.

mikecash- again- comment was not meant as a slap. I'm still wondering if there is a general lack of compassion here, but we can save that for later.

Over on Bourbon Street we watched a pair of NOLA's finest chat with transvestites and semi-inebriated tourists and we kept wondering what they actually had to do for a living-- nothing seemed to be illegal in this city. Not just the murders and gunshots, but littering, frontal nudity, public drinking and drukenness, jaywalking--- all happens in front of the cops. As a Californian, I'm not used to "lemonade stand: bars, poker machines, smoking in restaurants, open containers, and riding without a helmet- but off duty police officers at a conference at the Hilton were doing all of this. I think people ignore all of this.

As for the general povery and neglect- you got me on this one. With all the oil and grain that runs through the city and all the tourist and gambling dollars--- I've got no idea why it seems so stagnant. My father-in-law attributes it to a peculiar Big Easy attitude- even the corruption in law enforcement and government- like a semi-benign lazy acceptance of all vices human.

Back
Top Bottom