What's new

Selfish Pigs

RockLee said:
I didn't use foul language nor did I did any name calling CC1...prove me wrong and I'll apologize.Now this guy Serpico on the other hand...

RockLee said:
I'm doing the same thing as this "loud mouthed jerk".Now position yourself in the shoes of a Japanese person getting hammered by a foreigner who basicly knows nothing about the country, calls him a lozer with a small **** , only sees the bad things and thinks he is omnipotent and superior to the Japanese.He should know that it's the same **** back in the good old U.S of A or any other country.My assumption is also based on the fact it's usually an American who starts this kind of rant.Did I ever say anything bad about Americans in my posts ?? No I did not.I only made a generalization that it's mostly an American, and I told you before I don't mean to insult Americans, nor call them loud mouthed jerks(never said anything like that anyway and didn't suggest that either).Just stated they are mostly the base of arguments.Nothing more...And like I told u, I was aiming at this clown...not the whole damn USA :/

I'm sorry RockLee...I took the meaning of "loud mouthed jerk" to be name calling and foul language to mean the use of small Dick and shiiit which the filters obviously blocked out for you. Also, unless the guy wears makeup, baggy clothes, large shoes, and a comical nose then calling him a clown is name calling right?

Don't take this personally...I was just trying to slow down the moment and get people to regroup and calm down a bit! No worries.

FirstHousePooka said:
Mate, I believe its just jealousy. Tall poppy syndrome us Aussies call it. The collective need to knock the 'popular' or 'powerful' one down a few pegs.

As a reformed American hater, I understand the impotent rage many non-Americans feel when they think about America being the most influential nation on Erath and percieve their culture being wiped out byt American trends and ideas without stopping to think WHY thats happening.

Instead they see the big target, the easy target... the scapegoat some would say.

And the knives come out.

Of course the realisation soon comes that the object of their anger shouldn't be America as a collective. It should be ideas, people etc that are not representative of America as a whole at all. I still love to sink the boot into Conservatives, Right Wingers and Creationists. But no longer blame America for that or view America negatively because of those types.

When RockLee grows up a bit more he too will hit that realisation. Its a realisation stunning enough to crush worlds.

Thank-you so much. Your sentiments restore my hope. Those are the most honest statements I've ever heard on the subject. It really sucks being that target, especially when you feel you have no say in the matter. It's something I dealt with everyday when I was in Japan. I was vastly outnumbered by non-Americans and put in the position of being held responsible for everything America has ever done whether I was in favor of it or not. It really made me resent those people sometimes. I felt I was being attacked for something I couldn't control. I'm just as critical of America as probably anyone you've ever met, but this is my home damn it and I'm an American. I'm tired of apologizing for who I am and I'm tired of being blamed for things I can't control. Now I'm going off on my own little rant, but generalizing and stereotyping are the first steps towards misunderstanding and hatred. All the hatred keeps building like a rolling snowball. The more America is hated, the more America shuts out the rest of the world, and the more America is hated.

I apologize if I offended anyone who feels offended, but obviously u don't seem to get my point.I won't make any more effort as this will result in more mess.
If u at least would do something about this guy I would appreciate it...as he obviously did something wrong : insult a moderator for starters.I hate it when a discussion has to end like this, but shikatanai né? Lets get on with our lives and no hard feelings( even tho I didn't had them in the first place).

CC1 said:
I'm sorry RockLee...I took the meaning of "loud mouthed jerk" to be name calling and foul language to mean the use of small Dick and shiiit which the filters obviously blocked out for you. Also, unless the guy wears makeup, baggy clothes, large shoes, and a comical nose then calling him a clown is name calling right?

Don't take this personally...I was just trying to slow down the moment and get people to regroup and calm down a bit! No worries.
I appreciate ur effort :) 🙂

just realize that I wasn't against your point of view (at least not totally :) ) I just didn't care for the way you were presenting it!

I'm not making America a scapegoat here, I just stated an observation for crying out loud.And I would appreciate if u just would see what I want to make clear to you guys ! 😭
You also did say that was because they were 80% of the members, although I'm not sure it's that high myself. And that Chinese, Koreans, etc did the same about Japan....but of course Europeans here, except for Maciamo "speaking him mind" don't stereotype against all Americans. :eek:

Although generalizations are more stupid and tiresome than seriously offensive. Americans who don't bother helping strangers upsets me much more than someone using a lot of profanity or living under a fog of anger.
The number of Japanese who love the American life and never return is another reason you should VISIT us again sometime, Rocklee, try it out for yourself ! :p

Elizabeth said:
You also did say that was because they were 80% of the members, although I'm not sure it's that high myself. And that Chinese, Koreans, etc did the same about Japan....but of course Europeans here, except for Maciamo "speaking him mind" don't stereotype against all Americans. :eek:

Although generalizations are more stupid and tiresome than seriously offensive. Americans who don't bother helping strangers upsets me much more than someone using a lot of profanity or living under a fog of anger.
The number of Japanese who love the American life and never return is another reason you should VISIT us again sometime, Rocklee, try it out for yourself ! :p
I will some day,don't worry...there are a lot of places on my list ! :)

Whoa! Everybody needs to take 2 steps back and calm down a bit here. I was going to stay out of this, but seeing how fast and furious the posts are coming in, I just have to add my 2 yen also. When I first started to compose my reply there were 39 posts. Now there are 87. It looks like a war has broken out here! I'm glad to see that things are calming down a bit.

It seems Serpico has accomplished his goal of causing in-fighting among people on this board due to his hatred of Japan. Too many people are just too thin skinned. Chill out people. A famous criminal by the name of Rodney King once said "Can't we all just get along?"

In my opinion I think the editing/delition of Serpico's threads was warranted not because he posted his opinion on what he has witnessed, but because of the way he posted it and the words and venom he used. To me he sounded like a rabid dog on the attack and nothing save shooting the dog would've stopped it from attacking. I wonder if any newspaper in America, Australia, New Zeland, Asia, or Europe would've printed this story word for word the way he presented it here. I doubt it very much. If they did, it would've been severely edited as it was here. And rightly so. Would he then accuse them of taking away his free speech rights? I think Iron Chef did the best he could considering the circumstances. Heck, Iron Chef could've deleted all his posts and banned him and no one would be the wiser. But he didn't. He should be commended for that as moderator. He did what a moderator is supposed to do. Well done Iron Chef!

To me this is clearly a case of "I hate this goddamned place and no one better stop me from ranting about it in any way I see fit."
Experiences like his could very well have been presented in a much different way, with better vocabulary, without seeming to be so racist and anti-Japanese. Just look at some of Maciamo's posts and threads. Some of his posts have been controversial and some, including myself, have accused him of over generalizing, but he is articulate and backs up his opinions with well thought out thoughts and logic. Mike Cash says alot of truth about Japan that is not always nice, but he also does it in a mature, articulate manner without comming off as a racist and Japan basher. The same goes for Mad Perriot and quite a few others who have lived there a long time. Serpico, on the other hand just comes off as an immature Japan hating racist looking to start an argument.

Serpico, I've seen the likes of you before. I'm guessing you are living in Japan whose people and culture you totally despise and don't, or will not take the time to, understand. You have a job you hate, and are just too scared or afraid to move back home and start over again and give up the "easy money" you are making. Because the Japanese think differently than yourself or other foreigners, you paint them as "Selfish Pigs" (among other immature and vile words.) Heaven forbid that anyone should argue with you or ask you to not use so much venom as they will then be painted as a Japan loving Japanophile who wear rose-colored glasses all the time and see nothing wrong with Japan. Instead, you remain there while letting the hate build up within you to the boiling point of an immature racist rant such as you posted above all the while using the silly, phony excuse that you are not going to let any racist Japanese chase you from the country. You give not one single reason what you like about Japan other than your 10 or so girlfriends. Maybe that's why you're staying there.

I myself have seen a few times exactly what you have witnessed and have had much near the same thoughts. But I did not, nor will I, paint the whole country and it's people with the same broad brush as I have also witnessed cases where Japanese DID come to the aid of others in need.

Serpico claims to have lived in Japan for four years, but apparently he has not learned anything of the culture and people at all save for the negative aspect which many foreigners are prone to do. Can he say why the Japanese act the way they do? Has he done any research into the Japanese mind and culture and present an argument on why they may be so apathetic? I will venture to say not in the least.

Others have stated that the same thing happens in other countries, including the US. Serpico, are you old enough to remember the woman in New York City who was raped and murdered on the staircase of her apartment and not a single person in that building who heard her screams called the police or tried to aid her? I figured as much. What would say about this? Would you also paint all Americans as "Selfish Pigs"? I thought so. I could give you many more examples of apathy here in the US where no one lifted so much as a finger to help those persons in need. So I guess we all, including myself, are "Selfish Pigs."

About your female friend who got so pissed at you for painting the Japanese with a broad brush. Ever hear of the saying that "It's ok for me to speak ill of my family, but heaven help anyone else outside the family who says the same things?" Although she may have agreed with you inside, I think she was offended that you should speak in the manner and with the venom in which you described above.

Apparently you must have some experience with "Small Dicked" Japanese males or how would you know so much about the size of the whole population of males? Oh I get it, you heard about it from other foreigners who also heard about it from other foreigners and so on. But no one knows for sure. They only repeat as fact what others have told them. Understood. The same holds true for your whole rant about the Japanese population as a whole. Now you use those "facts" to paint all Japanese people. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Serpico, it's people like you, who cannot criticize and articulate themselves in a mature manner that gives all foreigners a bad name. Instead, you stoop to the lowest level of name calling racism I have seen in a long time. It will be fine by me if you never show up back on these boards until you can conduct yourself in a mature manner instead of the racist immature jerk you have painted yourself.

Alot of people here would be glad to discuss with you the apathy and indifference of the Japanese towards their fellow man (because it is true) if only you can be more calm and non-racist about it. However, I seriously doubt you would be man enough to do it as there are plenty of other boards with people who think like you out there that would gladly welcome your racist-like rants.

Even little things. I once saw a women drop her wallet on the street. Obviously so. She didn't notice, but a good mass of others did. What did people do? Stared at the thing as if it were mystery meat. The women kept on walking. No-one bother to stop the women to tell her, grab the wallet and take it to her or anything. So I did. Grabbed the wallet, ran up to the lady and gave it too her. She thanked me greatly for it surprisingly. Next day I asked some students what they would do and they agreed the best option was to take it to the Koban. So in other words inconvienience the lass for a day or two instead of bending over and walking up to her.
Unless you're cowed by the interrogation of a Koban and don't want to inconvenience them either, supposedly a lot of people end up sticking found wallets, unaddressed, in the mailbox. It would be almost comical if it weren't all so serious.

Serpico! Wow, that was awesome. My friend is exactly like that, this kid was being kicked, and shoved after school in the parking lot, and nobody was doing anything to stop it. So I decide to start walking up there, and he stops me, and gives me some glare like I'm some sort of bastard. Long story short, I stopped the fight, and had the **** kicked out of me instead.
I wish people would just wake up to reality, and not assume so many things about people. It would make everything so much easier, and better.

This has been a self-moderating thread.

It always amazes me how much regular members will step in and make an effort to keep the peace. Kudos.

Not only that, but if this is as bad as it gets, good for Jref. I've seen people literally threaten to go to someone's house and beat the crap out of them on other boards.

Go Jref!

The Origin

CC1 said:
Not to take this off topic, but a lot of people didn't like Carter when he was in office, but afterward his popularity grew!
I remember people would love to make fun of Jimmy Carter for being a peanut farmer with a Georgian accent ? And then they had all these smiling caricatures of him ... I believe that's when the smiling icon was born; it's etched into my brain actually. The accent thing; they were just picking on him, right ? I was actually surprised to find out later that he had more opponents than I had thought, but what do I know ? :D 👏

mad pierrot said:
It always amazes me how much regular members will step in and make an effort to keep the peace. Kudos.

Not only that, but if this is as bad as it gets, good for Jref. I've seen people literally threaten to go to someone's house and beat the crap out of them on other boards.

Go Jref!

I've seen the threat of murdering an entire family on usenet. Strangely, I later was a guest in the home of the fellow whose family was the target of the threat....along with the guy who made it. I bedded down next to the guy who made the threat, but I didn't sleep a wink all night.

mikecash said:
I've seen the threat of murdering an entire family on usenet. Strangely, I later was a guest in the home of the fellow whose family was the target of the threat....along with the guy who made it. I bedded down next to the guy who made the threat, but I didn't sleep a wink all night.
Hmm, weird situation if u ask me. ☝

I cant believe how this thread has grown. Serpico never did say whether he had any positive things to say about Japan :( . And then this attack and defense of the US, It was like a word war. Oh well everyone seems to have calmed down now.
Firsthousepooka said:
Australia the popular stereotype is that the Brits and Europeans are the ones who whinge and rant about everything.
How do Australians now a plane of Brits has landed at Sydney airport?
When the engine are switched off the plane is still whining.

And just to equal things up

Why wasn't Penicillin invented in Australia?
Because there's no culture there :D

I love AUSTRALIA!!!! DONT MESS WITH IT Mycernius,,, you english people are all the same.. LOL

( THIS IS A JOKE)

dutch baka said:
I love AUSTRALIA!!!! DONT MESS WITH IT Mycernius,,, you english people are all the same.. LOL

( THIS IS A JOKE)
I know, all us English are absolute cads. Australians do have a fighting chance, after all they do play cricket, not like the Americans, who have to make up their own sissy games because they can't handle real sports like Rugby. (Go on take the bait. I dare you. I double dare you :devilish: )

Mycernius said:
I know, all us English are absolute cads. Australians do have a fighting chance, after all they do play cricket, not like the Americans, who have to make up their own sissy games because they can't handle real sports like Rugby. (Go on take the bait. I dare you. I double dare you :devilish: )
HAHA...They come with axes, they come with...oh no wait wrong line ! :p They come with many ! Round 2 of the Americano games ! :D (J/K, I guess some people would start crying 😊 )

Hey, I'm all for some rugby! I would definitely say that American sports are indeed quite sissy compared to rugby.

Yum...rugby players... *swoon*

Mycernius said:

OHHHHHH, rugby!!!! I can handle rugby. That's funny coming from people who play cricket.

I don't know what I'm saying here, but you doubled dared. 😊

Back
Top Bottom