What's new

Seeking Expert Japanese Language Friend

lipps

後輩
3 May 2007
I am working on a website for a friend of mine
I am trying to use the best website name
I am not very good with Japanese so I am unfamiliar with the proper context to use
Can I use

窶ーツ。窶「l-窶愿コ窶怒

and

窶愬停?ケナセ窶徭-窶愿コ窶怒

As the name of the website? Can it be understood in the Japanese language?

Thank you all for your help

Well, I have a hunch that 日本-横浜 would be the better word order, but since you only have place names listed, I don't see how it could not be understood. Other than that I'm not really sure of a better way to say it.

Thank you very much for your response.
I am trying to learn Japanese in short order
It is a very large task for me.
I am working on making webpages for the .jp market and have a great deal to learn.
Any help that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Soon you will see some of my pages I am sure.
I suppose I am still thinking English when I try to work with the Japanese language.
What I wanted to do was create a page that was titled in english as
Tokyo-Japan
From what I now believe to be true the correct order should be Japan-Tokyo? and the same with the other cities?
I am limited on what I can choose for domain names so I had to go with the English hyphen in hopes it could be understood.
If someone has any other ideas on how to do this or on any subjects or webpage names that you would like to see in the future let me know. I am open as the .jp webpages are an open market.
Again I wanted to thank you for your help

Like I said, it was just a hunch. I can't recall having ever seen a website titled with just a location, and even if I have, I'm pretty sure 日本 wasn't in there, so at best I was guessing.

Interesting you're trying to learn Japanese quickly, as I just happened to have been reading through a site that explains how to do that. The guy who runs the site says he learned Japanese pretty well in 18 months, but he worked his *** off to do it. The site is All Japanese All the Time Dot Com. It's entertaining even if you don't decide to take his advice.

Back
Top Bottom