What's new

Seeking experienced Japanese screenwriters.

Tadaima

後輩
10 Feb 2006
Hello all,

I'm looking for some help with the following international feature film. Any help you could provide would be greatly apprecited.

Domo arigato gozaimasu,

Michael Landers
Director -- Tadaima Films
NYC---LA

Seeking experienced Japanese screenwriters to contribute to an international feature film project that explores the many ways in which culture influences our social dynamics.

Applicants must be able to express themselves comfortably in English and their own native language.

Please submit a brief biography and writing resume plus a 500 word writing sample that describes a scene that reveals some of the cultural attitudes, beliefs, and/or behaviors from your native culture that have shaped your life experiences, for better or worse.

Selected applicants will be contacted with further details regarding the project. Please send submission as an attached Microsoft Word or PDF document to: [email protected]

Writers selected for final film will receive competitive pay as well as full screen credit.

Query Re: Japan, Cultural Challenges, etc.

Dear Mr. Landers,

Please forgive me for intruding. I just read your post looking for experienced Japanese screenwriters and although American, I lived and worked intimately with the Japanese for over a decade. Knowledge of the uniquely Japanese way of conducting life and business is hard won but worth every effort.

A Rutgers University graduate with a B.A. in Japanese and International relations, I became a resident of Kyoto for two years - teaching English to businessmen and the occasional Yakuza - then translated in NYC and LA for international Japanese corporations for over ten years.

A 110 page screenplay I have completed deals intricately with the challenging cultural issues you mention; it is the true story of an American who teaches English in a Japanese convent where a Japanese boy
overcomes her resistance to Eastern ways of strength and courage - both of which she will need to face her traumatic past and a child no one wants her to keep.

If I can be of any service to you or offer experiences in any area, I would be honored.

Sincerely,
Mary McDermott, RN, BA

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Nurse McDermott,

Mr. Landers signed up here, made a single post over two years ago, and has never been back since. Does seeking screenwriters in such a manner as this not strike you as odd behavior for a producer of an "international feature film"? I would think he would have some industry/union connections.

Try a google search for "Tadaima Films". I did.

Back
Top Bottom