What's new

Seeking a Japanese word for "beginning to end service" or something similar...

Marshall

Registered
21 Jul 2017
Hello All,

My boss has tasked me with trying to find a word that she wants to use in some company literature. She heard a Japanese word meaning something along the lines of "providing service from the beginning through the end", but could not remember what the word was. The closest thing that I found Googling was "Omotenashi", but that seems like it has more to do with hospitality and treatment of guests. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Omotenashi is used to describe a level of service where all your needs are anticipated before you even realize them yourself. It's a good BS business jargon for customer service. I think it started in hospitality, but a lot of companies use it now, even if they aren't in that industry. It's one of the big themes they're trying to promote for the olympics, I believe.

Personally, I think it's lost its meaning, and is about a vapid term as "synergy" and "ideation"

Omotenashi is used to describe a level of service where all your needs are anticipated before you even realize them yourself. It's a good BS business jargon for customer service. I think it started in hospitality, but a lot of companies use it now, even if they aren't in that industry. It's one of the big themes they're trying to promote for the olympics, I believe.

Personally, I think it's lost its meaning, and is about a vapid term as "synergy" and "ideation"

Actually, I think a vapid, BS buzzword is exactly what she's looking for...

Back
Top Bottom