What's new

Search for lost Pen Friends.

Ghulam Qadir

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for disturbing you, I need some of your help. I want to take some moments of your precious time. I think you will not mind it.

It is the matter of about 1990,s. Association of Pen Friend Clubs of Japan gifted me some nice Japanese pen friends. They were absolutely God,s gift on Earth for me. We kept correspondence for a long time. as the time passed we become busy in our daily practical life and could not continue this. Now I want to refresh my friendship. But the problem is that I have not their present contacts.

I am searching for my lost Japanese Pen Friends of 1990,s. I have only their addresses of 1990,s and some particulars in the lights of their letters.

what should I do ? I think I should introduce my self now..

My name is Ghulam Qadir . I was then student. I still live in Sialkot, Pakistan. Male. My hair was black then. My hobbies are still reading and writing letters.

Would you please reply me? I will wait for your answer.

If I write you the past addresses of them , can you locate them? These addresses a are of about 1990,s

My friends are...........

1- SAYURI TASHIRO
Kawasaki

2- HARUMI FUJIMOTO
Satte - Shi, Saitama

3- MARI YAMAGISHI
Nagano City

4- RYOKO IMAI
Sagamihara

5- MASATOMO TANIMOTO
Hiroshima

6- SHUNYA ITO
Hino City

7- CHIE GYOTOKU
Ukiha - Gun Fukuoka - Ken

8- KIMIKO KASUYA
Iruma - Saitama - Ken

9- HARUMI FUJIMOTO
Niigata - Shi

If you help me in searching my friends, I will be much thankful to you for that. If you can not please forward my message.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Have you tried writing the old addresses?

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Removed the personal info and your email address. Other members can contact you via Private Conversation.

Seiko

後輩
Reaction score
Yes, I have written several times to their past addresses as well as the Association of Pen Friend Clubs of Japan, who introduced them to me.
So what happen after you wrote to them, did they write you back?

Seiko

後輩
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why he's here now.
Sorry, I think there was a mistake in my part. I thought he tired to contact Association of Pen Friend Clubs of Japan asking them if they can reconnect them to his old pen friend. I wanted to know, did Association of Pen Friend Clubs of Japan reply back to him? But, I'm guessing not. so that why he's here like you said.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the pre-edited post (since I'm a moderator).
#3 is the address of her high school, and there must be a typo in the address of #4. Some addresses are changed due to the merger of cities and towns or like that. I checked those addresses on Google Street View, and found that almost all addresses refer to apartment buildings except #8. Thus, you need the name of the apartments to send your letters even if you can get the correct present address. (I suspect that they still live in the same apartment in the first place.) #8 is a detached house, and the nameplate could be read "Kasuya".

Ghulam Qadir

Kouhai
Reaction score
So what happen after you wrote to them, did they write you back?
Nothing. I waited and waited but no reply came. The letter written to the association came back with notice of address not found.

Ghulam Qadir

Kouhai
Reaction score
I saw the pre-edited post (since I'm a moderator).
#3 is the address of her high school, and there must be a typo in the address of #4. Some addresses are changed due to the merger of cities and towns or like that. I checked those addresses on Google Street View, and found that almost all addresses refer to apartment buildings except #8. Thus, you need the name of the apartments to send your letters even if you can get the correct present address. (I suspect that they still live in the same apartment in the first place.) #8 is a detached house, and the nameplate could be read "Kasuya".
So what do you suggest for me?

So what should I do?

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Reaction score
The Japanese postal code system is changed, thus, all the postal codes you have is not used now. I PMed you the correct address of #8, which has the highest possibility to be used still now among them.

Ghulam Qadir

Kouhai
Reaction score
The Japanese postal code system is changed, thus, all the postal codes you have is not used now. I PMed you the correct address of #8, which has the highest possibility to be used still now among them.
Thanks my dear.