What's new

Screenshot translation ultima 2 game ending

Jose Atiles

Registered
9 May 2014
Hi, can somebody help translating the following screenshot:
A small context help, there's a word in the biggest paragraph: "Minakusu" which refers to a person (an evil sorcerer called Minax).
ultima 2 scr4.jpg
Thanks.

- I thought I was being reasonably short... its about 4 sentences long. It was originally like 5 screens, this was just the last which had kanji that was to difficult to identify because of the font...

- Anyhow, after long hours finding the weird drawn kanjis, here's my best attempt at translation, let me now any suggestion or incorrect meaning please:

(Now) you (are) drunk with the fine wine of victory, for the people are pleased from the bottom of their hearts because peace was returned to this beautiful kingdom.

(Although) There, in a corner of your mind, there is a question that has been born. What was Minax trying to do in that castle?

After much thought, you decided to shift away your mind to enjoy your long due rest.

~To be continued on a new adventure~

For reference, this is what I could get from the picture... I might have gotten a few kanji wrong... if so let me know please:

勝利の美酒に 酔うあなたは、この美しい王国に平和が戻ったことを国民とともに心から喜んでいた。
が、あなたの心の隅で、ある疑問が生まれていた。Minaxはあの城で何をしようとしていたのか?
考えすぎだなと思ったあなたは、いまは久しぶりの安息を楽しむにと心を傾けることにした。
~ 新たなる冒険へ続く ~.

Last edited:
one typo: 安息を楽しむことに

勝利の美酒に酔うあなたは、この美しい王国に平和が戻ったことを国民とともに心から喜んでいた。
- in this line, 勝利の美酒に酔う modifies あなた
この美しい王国に平和が戻ったこと = a noun phrase "the return of peace to this beautiful kingdom"
国民とともに = along with, together with, etc. the citizens

Stripping it down - あなたは「平和が戻ったこと」を 国民とともに 喜んでいた
= you (enjoying your victory) and the citizens were enjoying the return of peace.

考えすぎだなと思った
- thought "考えすぎだな" - e.g. "Eh, I'm thinking too much/overthinking it."

Back
Top Bottom