What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

screen saver tackles spam

TwistedMac

Sempai
Reaction score
YEAH!
you should've put some text in there to make more people interested and get this thing ;)

I am LOVING this thing.
basically you've got a screensaver that keeps requesting info from spammers adresses, thus driving their bandwidth usage through the roof (asuming enough people do this) and costing them a small fortune!

And all this happens while you're not at the puter anyway. I likes.

You can find the screensaver over at make love not spam dot com.
nothing could be easier.

edit: HAHA, I just tried it out, you are going to LOVE this!
you can see it nuking the pages with a little animation and you can see how much you have contributed with in total and how much everyone together have contributed with.
The traffic for you is almost non-existant.. it's when everyone gets together you can see the difference ;)

stlogo3-1.jpg

Lina Inverse

Sempai
Reaction score
Sounds very useful :haihai:
I think it would be even better if they made a tool that was running in the background all the time and not just only when the screensaver is running.

Reiku

先輩
Reaction score
Yeah, but then it'd be eating our bandwith too.

Still though, I'm definately going to get this.

Lacan

The contact
Reaction score
TwistedMac said:
YEAH!
you should've put some text in there to make more people interested and get this thing ;)

I am LOVING this thing.
basically you've got a screensaver that keeps requesting info from spammers adresses, thus driving their bandwidth usage through the roof (asuming enough people do this) and costing them a small fortune!

And all this happens while you're not at the puter anyway. I likes.

You can find the screensaver over at make love not spam dot com.
nothing could be easier.

edit: HAHA, I just tried it out, you are going to LOVE this!
you can see it nuking the pages with a little animation and you can see how much you have contributed with in total and how much everyone together have contributed with.
The traffic for you is almost non-existant.. it's when everyone gets together you can see the difference ;)

stlogo3-1.jpg

I just tried your link and it says:

It has been reported in the media that fake software is being circulated on the Internet
under the "makelovenotspam" name, which is actually not a screensaver but a computer virus.
Please note that the "makelovenotspam" initiative has been discontinued. There is no point
in trying to obtain a copy of the screensaver, as it will not function anymore. Moreover,
you may be offered a computer virus which has nothing to do with the original campaign, and
may actually be harmful to your computer and the data stored on it. You are therefore
advised not to download or install any software purporting to be the "makelovenotspam"
screensaver, and to remove any copy you may have on your PC.
Make sure you got the good one

Top Bottom