What's new

Sacred Space

Doc

Government Man
13 Feb 2005
I was just sitting here looking at the other forums that I'm skimming through when this idea for a thread here just popped up into my mind. Have you guys ever, or do you now have in your life a sacred space. You know a place that is for you and you only, and anybody who treads into that space is polluting it. Personally I don't really have a sacred space, but I do have sacred items that nobody else can touch. What about you guys? Do you have a sacred space?

Doc

BTW this is what made me think up of the topic:
Sacred Space

Once, long ago. Now my "Sacred Space" is when i get to be alone(ah the sweet silence)

I guess that could be my sacred space as well. As long as I'm alone by myself, I'm at peace. ^____^

Doc

My sacred space is...you guessed it...my computer desk! Have to get special permission to use it and if I'm sitting here, you best leave me alone! :p

I'd love to answer yes...but unfortunately not. I do like solitude...but it seems no matter where i am, i am never alone.
My computer and the little area around it is one of the places i feel most comfortable!

Cool topic, Doc.
It was kind of hard to find my own sacred space in Japan except the tiny apartments I lived.

Here in America(especially the town where I live with the population of 9000), on the other hand, it doesn't take me long to find spots where I can be completely comfortable. My very special sacred space would be the mountains I climb on.

I Feel That Way About My Vehicle?

When I get in my car/truck, I feel in control of "MY" world. I can crank up the radio, or listen to my police scanner or enjoy quiet. I drive aggresively and fast, but haven't had an accident since 1972. I know I am not, but I feel safe & in control of the world while in my car. The only time I feel better is during sleep.

Frank

😊 :eek:

The roof of my house. You guys the first to know i even go up there. Its so peaceful in the middle of the night. But its also a bit mossy, so if i suddenly dissappear from this site, i've probably slipped off 😌

My Van is my sacred space. No one else drives it and I am master in there...only my music etc...

My sacred space is the area 12 inches round wherever I am. There is only one person allowed past there.

Tsuyoiko said:
My sacred space is the area 12 inches round wherever I am. There is only one person allowed past there.
Ah man, don't you just freakin' hate it when people get up in your face?!?! I physically have to stop myself losing it and take a step back to regain my 'space'.

HomicidalMouse said:
The roof of my house. You guys the first to know i even go up there. Its so peaceful in the middle of the night. But its also a bit mossy, so if i suddenly dissappear from this site, i've probably slipped off 😌
HaHaHaHaHaHa!
Well don't be doing that!
If i sat on my roof the landing gear of a plane would probably take the top of my skull off!

smoke said:
HaHaHaHaHaHa!
Well don't be doing that!
If i sat on my roof the landing gear of a plane would probably take the top of my skull off!
Not yesterday if they were BA flights :D

It's strange, but... when I started to think about it... I don't have any 'sacred space'. I'd love to say my bed is, but - naaah... no such luck... :eek:

I guess almost the same as Tsuyoiko`s. I carry it with me, as long as unwanted people don`t cross the circle of radius of about my arm
So, Kinsao, you can join our club ;)

The fiddler on the roof!

My roof is my sacred place. I like to sit on my roof and listen to the ounds of the water nearby and watch the birds in the trees. Sometimes, while I am up there, I like to "fiddle" with some gadget or ideas, so I tell my parents I am the fiddler on the roof! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom