What's new

RPG: Secrets of Japan

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
I don't know a lot about RPG, but this one seems to be interesting.

Secrets of Japan: Modern-Day Exploration of the Land of the Rising Sun

Japan is a contradictory nation of ancient traditions and modern high-tech free enterprise. Within its dark shadows and hidden places, Great Old Ones, Outer Gods, and their monstrous servitors lie in wait for the unwary. In the corporate boardrooms and political offices, secret societies carry out their sinister agendas. In hoary shrines and temples, Shinto kami and Buddhist bodhisattvas provide ancient knowledge and alien enlightenment to those who remember the old ways. Cutting-edge corporate laboratories uncover forbidden secrets and create new horrors born of human science and the corrupting power of the Mythos. The mass media bombards the population with escapist entertainment and crass materialism while the madness of cosmic truth slowly seeps through, burrowing into the popular consciousness.

Welcome to the Land of the Rising Sun, where you will discover that the horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos are not limited to the West.

SECRETS OF JAPAN provides detailed information for playing CALL OF CTHULHU adventures in a modern Japanese setting. This book includes new character occupations, new spells, new monsters, new organizations, and rules for playing Japanese investigators. Also included are three adventure scenarios, two short stories, a glossary of cultural terms, details on Shinto and Buddhism in a CALL OF CTHULHU setting, extensive cultural background notes, and the secret history of Japan!

More info

=> Secrets of Japan

Being an ardent fan of H.P. Lovecraft the Ctulhu thing immediately caught my attention.

🙂:

Attachments

• ctulhu.jpg
    ctulhu.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 135
..I read Lovecraft as a child. I also read things like: "The Pit and the Pendulum", and "The Telltale Heart" by Poe. ..It's interesting that Lovecraft's works in some form, are showing up in Japan. ...I wonder if there are any stories about the subways. And the photos. My god!....the photos!!......(wink)

Back
Top Bottom