What's new

RPG Anime chatters

Elgin

先輩
23 Oct 2003
I went to a anime chat room a while back to find a good hub for downloads. Anyway when I got in the chat room I felt left out and confused. Every one was from Tokyo and ended every sentence with desu even when it was in English. Then I ask them a question about Tokyo and told me its a RPG profile. o_O

Thats not really what disturbed me. Its what they were talking about. Here's a little example of what they were saying:

Ayushita: fires a fireball to Ken desu.
Kenta: Blocks with my super water shield desu ^_^.
Ayushita: no way I had water protection desu!!
Kenta: no you didn't desu
RaNma: clims a mountain sits down drinks a soda and looks at the fight desu.
Goku: joins Ranma on the mountain
RaNma: hands goku a soda desu
Goku: thanks ^_^

what is this? I had to clue what was happening and they kicked me out calling me a noob.

I must not be enough of a anime fan to understand. I just watch it since its fun to watch and I like it. I wonder what I'm doing diffrent form these "fanboys"

What you doing diffrent is being normal, dont be a fanboy. Its like the everquest thing thats going on, where these guy become completely obsessed. Knock you self-out with anime just dont go overboard with it.

Originally posted by Luc
what is this? I had to clue what was happening and they kicked me out calling me a noob.

Maybe you should have ended your sentences in "desu." :)

Originally posted by Ghost
What you doing diffrent is being normal, dont be a fanboy. Its like the everquest thing thats going on, where these guy become completely obsessed. Knock you self-out with anime just dont go overboard with it.

Who cares desu! If it bothers you, just don't pay any attention to it desu! It's harmless and they are having fun desu!

Originally posted by Erik
Who cares desu! If it bothers you, just don't pay any attention to it desu! It's harmless and they are having fun desu!

Are you mocking me desu? dont you know im the all powerfull ghost desu? i will haunt you desu!

lol it looks like theyre using it place of "over" like theyre talking on CBs or something ;p

I RP in chat rooms a lot, and it's really funny to hear about a chat room where everyone ends their sentences with "desu" especially since desu isn't used in ANY of the examples you gave. -.-
Peheheh, funkadelic.
If you ever want to try and understand the RP world, find a good room and watch 'em, it's really a lot of fun! Especially the anime ones.

Weird
its like they are trying to be someone that they are not
or could possibly be

it was like a chat room unstead of a MUD
so it seem different
a mud works the same way but creates an enviroment
i believe some of you people know and played on them

In most of the rp chat rooms i've participated in we created very believable (and beautiful) enviroments...the people you stumbled upon were certainly doing things differently..

As long as yer gonna get kicked out, just start making fun of them by saying 'dess' after everything you say :p

If they call you on it, say you can't type japanese :devilish:

they dun welcome outsiders who aren't their type jus like the forums in my country...weird right?but its fun if u understand and get along with it:)

Eeps it's so scary to enter a place that doesn't welcome you 😲
I dunno how anyone becomes part of those forums if they can't simply step in to learn a bit of the trade. =_=

evasuka said:
Weird
its like they are trying to be someone that they are not
or could possibly be
it was like a chat room unstead of a MUD
so it seem different
a mud works the same way but creates an enviroment
i believe some of you people know and played on them

I hate people that try to be something they aren't... posers. That's why I don't do role-playing unless I'm playing as myself. I just couldn't go around and act like Sesshoumaru for instance. He's so up tight and stern when I would just burst out laughing my a** off.

I think people who roleplay as ANIME characters are pretty lame...(don't get me wrong, cosplaying doesn't count)
I create my own original character and act out a story. But to take an anime character and completely destroy that character's personality (as most roleplayers will do) is absolutely ridiculous -.-

Don't Worry Luc, When You Get Over To...

Japan, you'll be able to talk & play circles around them in no time!!

Frank

I agree with Frank! I'm taking classes, and it seemed to intimidating at first but i'm certain you'll be able to get the hang of it in no time. (especially if I can)
Good luck Luc!

Playing the role well.

I really think playing your role well should be fun, but as I like to say, "If you're going to do it, do it right." The habit of taking your character out of character should be avoided, if you're going to do it right. Doing some research on the character, and putting yourself in the character's role is recommended, and the satisfaction received is a wonderful bonus.

I know a way for you to understand why they ended ever sentence in desu first wake up at like 3 in the afternoon on like lets say tuesday and eat like 2-4 packs of ramen 🍜 the go to your local arcade and play DDR 🕺 from like 5 till 10 at night and after all those heart pumping fast paced techno driven romp stompings walk home humming the DDR beats in your head :sing: then it will hit you and some how you will understand what it means...desu 😌

Back
Top Bottom