What's new

Ringu-talk

H

HennaSaru

Just wanted to start a thread that only is about the Japanese Ringu movies. I have seen all of them and just got Rasen yesterday. I have seen about an halfhour now and I really like it so far.

So does anyone else like Ringu and what is it that is so fantastic about it?

Well you know that I love em, saw all three of them in a row a long while ago and was realy freaked after them, sleeping problems for a couple of days I must say :eek: ...

Well what can I say, realy good horror movies, no question about it, I get spooked by the slow Japanese filmmaking style, I mean they realy take you by surprise, It can be daytime and everything and scariest shyte still happens haha, well anyway these movies top my list of scary movies of all time...

;)

I totally agree! The slow tempo contributes to and intense feeling all the time.

I really like the darkness in 1,2. It's like something is about to come out of the darkness all the time. In Ringu 0 there is also that darkness but the first two movies are darker I think. Nakata-san really knows how to use darkness. That is something you could see in Dark Water (really good movie that scared the **** out of me!) also.

Oh yeah you are so right, the "dark" spots and shadows realy adds to the scary feel of the movies, also there is no build up music that starts half an hour before the scary stuff occur, I mean please, I know some shyte is gonna happen but if you warn me about it half an hour in advance it won't be so scary as if it pops up from nowhere...
:eek:

Realy looking forward to Darkwater 🙂 ...

I've seen Ring, Ring 2, Ring Spiral, and the US version ~ !
Still need to see Ring 0 and Ring Virus ~

Ring 0 is a must, very good and it will change your feelings for Sadako, believe me :)

I am very interested in Spiral aswell, HennaSaru told me about it and it cought my interest instantly, I hope it's good 👍 ...

Yep Ring Virus is the Korean version, I heard that it is supposed to be very good, I read that it was made by both Japanese and Korean producers.

Spiral is a bit confusing, it's based more on the original novel, I didn't enjoy it as much as Ring 2 ~ although if you're a hardcore Ring fan it's a nice addition to your collection.

This website : http://ringworld.somrux.com/ is the best Ring website I have found, it contains a lot of information about the novel/manga / movies / tv series ~

I like the Japanese TV series of Ring & Rasen better than the movies, English or Japanese. In the TV version they have more time to develop the story and they keep them more faithful to the original novels.

Is there a tv-series? Where can I get it?

So is Rasen taken from the TV-series?

Ring 0 is about Sadakos life when she was young. When you have seen it you will feel different about her. I feel sorry for her

I saw Rasen yesterday. Unfortunaly the crappy DVD disc was not working correctly in the end of the movie and I missed alot (genetic-experiment etc). So if someone would fill me in about from the well scene and forward I would be very happy!

🙂

Originally posted by HennaSaru
Is there a tv-series? Where can I get it?

So is Rasen taken from the TV-series?

They were made into Japanese dramas. (TV series lasting about 8 weeks).

Rasen isn't taken from the TV, both the TV drama & movie were based on the original book.

As far as I know the only way to get the series is to get a copy that was copied from the original broadcast. I don't think they've been released for sale.

Unfortunately I can't fill you in on Rasen because the movie, TV & book are all jumbled up in my mind and I forgot what goes with what.

Ring 0 is about Sadakos life when she was young. When you have seen it you will feel different about her. I feel sorry for her

yeah, definatley, its a completely different Sadoko it is quite a sad story, like Shakesperian Tragedy or something haha 😭

i saw pics from Ringu 0...it freaked me out. almost as freak when I went to this Ringu website and the front pic was sadako's eye. and then when you entered, about 10 seconds later, out of nowhere, you hear a telephone ringing...i almost creamed my pants :p

About the TV-version: I will check with me friends and see if they got a copy.

i finally saw the whole Rasen movie. The actors were great. Takayama is back and so is his girlfriend. It is not so dark as Ringu, but that's ok. The story is more of a side story than a follow up to Ringu 1.

I took the movie for what it was so I don't feel dissapointed. It doesn't quite live up to Ringu class, but it is a good movie.

I recommend everyone that like Ringu to see it, cuz don't we all just love Sadako ; )

Could you give me the web address to the original ringu pages?

I have seen only the us version of it, and it _really_, freaked me out. I'm still nervous because of it,even I saw it 3 months ago...
But then again, the whole story and the athmospere in the movie was so good, that I want to know more,see more,etc, even it makes me sick of fear...

sorry i don't know the address : (

if you liked the american version i don't know what to say. I think the american version really sucks. they have made a excellent movie to a crappy movie.

they who only have seen the american and then seen the japanese version and say that the american is better, i don't understand.

the relationship between the people in the japanese version is much more complex than in the american version.

i recommend that you see all 3 of the ring movies. they really scares the **** out of you. then see "Juon" that is even more scarier. "Kairo" is also really good!

I didnt really like the US version either..
And the little boy was really ugly looking ~ the young Japanese boy was much more cool and creepy !

The only thing i did like in the US version was how Samara looked static like a television image when she came out of the tv. But besides that the rest of the movie was a bit crap (-_-; )

About the TV-version: I will check with me friends and see if they got a copy.

i finally saw the whole Rasen movie. The actors were great. Takayama is back and so is his girlfriend. It is not so dark as Ringu, but that's ok. The story is more of a side story than a follow up to Ringu 1.

Actually Rasen was released as Ring2 originally ~ but because of poor ticket sales, they decided to make the other Ring2 and replace Rasen with that.

Rasen's storyline is closer to the original novel's storyline.

then I am a happy they changed the story line. i like Ringu 2 better than Rasen.

sorry i don't know the address : (

if you liked the american version i don't know what to say. I think the american version really sucks. they have made a excellent movie to a crappy movie.

they who only have seen the american and then seen the japanese version and say that the american is better, i don't understand.

the relationship between the people in the japanese version is much more complex than in the american version.

i recommend that you see all 3 of the ring movies. they really scares the **** out of you. then see "Juon" that is even more scarier. "Kairo" is also really good!

Well,that's it exactly: I have seen only the american version so far...so, I think I'll upreciate the japanese version even more,if I have seen the crappy american version first?
The prob is that I should buy all the japanese ones,I don't think they have these in the rental places.
And I believe you when you say the japanese one is much better. It's easy for me, because I have seen tons of crappy american movies, where you can really see how they aim just to collect money, and to make "good entertainment"..they have forgotten all about making stories with passion, real ideas, intuition, remembering the artistic side of things..
Of course there are good movies from the us too, but I mean the most of the mainstream movies...I'm bored with them..
But I'll watch all the japanese ones, I promise.When I have some people to watch them with me,I'm too scared to do that alone :)

I've only seen Ringu. Not the sequel or the prequel.

I might see them if I ever get the chance. I did like Ringu but I actually liked the American version 'The Ring' better. I don't know why. I guess I thought it was a bit scarier. That's just my personal opinion.

I did like the psychic girl better though in Ringu than in the American version. She seemed much more evil.

Ringu didn't scare me really, but since I was kinda brought up watching lots of scary movies I guess it's not much of a surprise that it takes a LOT to scare me. :p

I haven't seen the American one though, but I hope to soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom