What's new

Ringu Curse...Would you let another die to save yourself?

smoke

後輩
18 Feb 2005
Mycernius got me thinking with his BR survival thread.

If you'd watched the evil video-tape would you copy it and let someone else watch it to save yourself?
and if you would...would you explain it to them and tell them how to save themselves?
or would you let the fools burn in hell! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! (sorry, got a little carried away.)

Personnaly, it wouldn't affact me...i only have a DVD player! 😄

smoke said:
Personnaly, it wouldn't affact me...i only have a DVD player!
No joke. But you'd still have to make a copy if you watched it on a tape, though.

I would hate to get someone else involved in that curse, so I would just destroy the video and see what would happen. :devilish:

misa.j said:
I would hate to get someone else involved in that curse, so I would just destroy the video and see what would happen. :devilish:

well...you'd die.

yeaaaah.. I'd copy it and have someone I disliked anyway see it... better her than me I say.. not that I'm thinking of anyone special mind you.. hehe.. hrm.. hehe...

if you had watched the tape you would die in seven days (unles you copied it and let someone else watch it) whether you destroyed the tape or not.
you don't need to have the tape to get a visit from Sadako.
i got the impression from the film that there is more than one tape circulating.
i don't think you could beat the ghost, unless you destroyed every single tape...but that's quite a task to accomplish in 7 days.

If you smash the tape and then just die, atleast that's one less tape in circulation..

but then some vengeful dude comes along, has a bunch of enemies and all of a sudden he has a very convenient way of getting rid of them. Decides to make like 40 copies of the tape and give to everyone he hates. Now your sacrifice is for naught.

Ofcourse this dude keeps one copy for himself so he can make more copies for when he gets more enemies.. spreading the love so to say. I can see how this would be a problem :p

your theory is similar to a book i've read called lullaby by chuck palahniuk.
i recommend it highly.

samara or sadako are like angels, prophets beckoning you to join them they arent evil showing you her pain like the stigmata, i'd join her, embrace her and be one with her....

TwistedMac said:
If you smash the tape and then just die, atleast that's one less tape in circulation..

but then some vengeful dude comes along, has a bunch of enemies and all of a sudden he has a very convenient way of getting rid of them. Decides to make like 40 copies of the tape and give to everyone he hates. Now your sacrifice is for naught.

Ofcourse this dude keeps one copy for himself so he can make more copies for when he gets more enemies.. spreading the love so to say. I can see how this would be a problem :p
You are an evil man to think like this. I'd copy the tape, give it to another and watch them panic as they realise thay only have 7 days left, 'cos I wouldn't tell them.

Mycernius said:
You are an evil man to think like this. I'd copy the tape, give it to another and watch them panic as they realise thay only have 7 days left, 'cos I wouldn't tell them.
evil, pure evil....LOVE IT!!!

I'd copy it with the intention of showing it to someone i didnt like, but then forget to show it to anyone 😌 Then i'd be f*cked.

Try not to suffer from drink related amnesia. Put post it notes around your house to remind you to give the tape to someone. Put a knot in a hanky. Put it on your to-do list on outlook 'must ensure death of enemy'. Never watch the tape in the first place. Or you just cry like a baby, suck your thumb, sit in a dark corner and wait until she visits you. 🙂

I would like to see what would happen if the only TV nearby was a very small one... Would she be all shrunken :?

That would take the scary part out of it wouldn't it. Maybe her head would get stuck. Foiled by a small screen telly. Or from your G3 phone, she could get you with her little finger. Watch out for Mimiko though.

HomicidalMouse said:
I would like to see what would happen if the only TV nearby was a very small one... Would she be all shrunken :?
...how about if you watched the tape someplace and 7 days later you're at home and you don't have a TV? (ie: you sold it for like...drug money or something!)...then what?
maybe she could come out of the microwave or the little LCD on your stereo.

I just remembered. In the film she got those two in the car. Looks like you don't need a TV folks. We're all doomed I tells ye, doomed!!

smoke said:
...how about if you watched the tape someplace and 7 days later you're at home and you don't have a TV? (ie: you sold it for like...drug money or something!)...then what?
maybe she could come out of the microwave or the little LCD on your stereo.
what if you live in an omish land with no tv or electricity, but you saw the tape cuz you decided to come out for one day seeing technology world (i can eleborate on my imagination) :) . how would she get you then?

I prefer travel sized Sadako. If she still tries to kill you, you can just kick her out a window.

Mycernius said:
I just remembered. In the film she got those two in the car. Looks like you don't need a TV folks. We're all doomed I tells ye, doomed!!
what if you died (for another reason) before your seven days are up...would she know? i can see her popping through your tv (or whatever) looking up, wiping the water from her eyes....only to find your friends and family sipping brandy saying "He was a good man" and your long lost uncle taking things from your mantlepiece and putting them in his pocket.
"White? well i don't think that's appropiate for a wake...and get your hair-cut!"

Video chain mail.

LOL! A video chain mail. Was it this what the ring mean in the ring?

It sure like one of those chain mail letters that said if you don't distribute the letter to several people you will die or suffer.

yeah, something like that.. except you're the one that dies by the hands of a creepy chick with long black hair.. I bet uncle frank would just sit watching the movie waiting for her to come with anticipation.

digicross said:
LOL! A video chain mail. Was it this what the ring mean in the ring?

It sure like one of those chain mail letters that said if you don't distribute the letter to several people you will die or suffer.
Good point, Digicross; your idea makes a lot of sense. But wasn't there a telephone ring, too ? So it has two refefences, actually, which makes it even spookier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X_X
TwistedMac said:
yeah, something like that.. except you're the one that dies by the hands of a creepy chick with long black hair.. I bet uncle frank would just sit watching the movie waiting for her to come with anticipation.
Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha! you always come up with the silliest ones !

I'd rather die alone, and just end it all. Who cares, anyway ? But out of spite, yeah, I'll kill the joy; that gives me THE ULTIMATE satisfaction. I'm meaner, so can't be beat! Sorry Sadako, some people just can't be bought ! The market model is broken, sorry, sorry! :p

The ring is also related to the well I think, in that the well is ring shaped when seen from above.

You could be really nasty and play it on one of those huge TV screens they have in Shinjuku or Shibuya; then thousands of people would see it in one hit. 🔥

Back
Top Bottom