What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Reviewing already known kanji - a question.

cacawate

観察するのが好きです
Reaction score
For all of you who don't know about Reviewing the Kanji, I suggest you check it out, as it is a great resource for Kanji learning. I don't personally use it, but have been witness to a many number of people that have learned kanji solely from the site and Heisig's method.

That said, on the site --specifically at: http://kanji.koohii.com/reading/sightreading.php -- there is a neat little webapp that goes through the stacks you have made/studied, and shows you how many kanji you know in the context of whatever you typed or copy-pasted in.

My question is this: does anyone know of a program similar to that, outside of that site? I would like to be able to input or check off from a list the kanji I have learned through my own progress and have them highlighted in a text I am reading.

The reason for this is, after a while of reading and coming across large amounts of kanji I don't know, I become unmotivated to read. If I could see highlights of the kanji I know ahead of my reading, I think it may motivate me to go on.

Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to help. Also, if this type of program isn't in existence, if any programmers out there may be able to create it, I have a few ideas in mind that may make it a useful application to many users out there, and not just myself.

-Jeff

Last edited:
Top Bottom