What's new

Help Research project on crime in Japan!

qrbits

Registered
4 May 2018
Hello all! I am a university student in a Japanese Language and Culture class. We are nearing finals week, and I am doing my final research project on crime in Japan.

If you are Japanese or have travelled to Japan, a response to my survey would be greatly appreciated!
Crime survey

If you are interested in seeing the results of the survey after my finals end, then I will post them as well.

Lastly, if you think there are any particularly interesting things I should note about crime in Japan (unorganized, not including the yakuza), please let me know. I am currently combing this site for some related threads Thank you!

Took the survey, which seems much more helpful in understanding the perception of crime in Japan.

You may be interested in @Mike Cash's Hanzai podcast, he researches and rounds up recent crime stories that don't make it into other English media, and also narrates historical crimes. He's got a better idea of crime trends in Japan than most.

HANZAI: True Crime Stories from Japan | Japan Forum

Feel free to use anything you wish from my podcast.

There is tons of information and statistics available online. How is your Japanese reading ability?

Feel free to use anything you wish from my podcast.

There is tons of information and statistics available online. How is your Japanese reading ability?
This raises an interesting potential topic for the podcast: combating misconceptions about crime in Japan with statistics

Back
Top Bottom