What's new

Require Translation Assistance

GyariSan

Registered
1 Nov 2017
Hey guys,
Just want to get a quick human translation of a comment I received on an Art site :D Normally I rely on Google translate but this one didn't seem to make much sense when I paste it in. The comment is the image attached.

Thanks,

Gyari

Attachments

• WIN_20171101_23_25_45_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20171101_23_25_45_Pro (2).jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 147
they're thanking you for the illustration of Lip (Rip?). They're happy you could draw a male version (of the character, I assume), and like the serious feeling.

What about this did google choke on?

リプ would mean "reply", thus, the writer said thanks to the illustration you drew as a reply (to their previous post/illustration). They also said they like the serious touch/style of your illustration in the last line.

リプ would mean "reply", thus, the writer said thanks to the illustration you drew as a reply (to their previous post/illustration). They also said they like the serious touch/style of your illustration in the last line.

they're thanking you for the illustration of Lip (Rip?). They're happy you could draw a male version (of the character, I assume), and like the serious feeling.

What about this did google choke on?

Hi Toritoribe and Nice Gaijin,

First of all thanks for your help! I guess the part that has me a little stumped while using Google is: "まさかの男性版を描いて頂けるだなんて" which translates to "Why can not you draw a male version of a man", I'm unsure of what that meant. To give a little more info, I don't know whether the artist him/herself I drew for was male or female, I just followed his profile picture which was a anime female drawing, turned it into a male version and posted thepicture description as "kurakuriroido さん男性版" (Kurakuriroido is said artist's username).

Did that sentence imply that I drew a male version of a man? Haha.

The Google translation is simply inaccurate.

The actual sentence in Japanese translates to (in natural English) "To think that someone would draw a male version (of my profile character) for me!"

There is nothing in the sentence that means "why can't you", and I'm not sure where you (or Google) are getting "male version of a man" from (that would be 男/男性の男性版).

Back
Top Bottom