What's new

Recommend some Japanese music?

lychos

後輩
18 Jan 2004
can someone recommend any music? because i really like j-pop for some reason... and i need more! 😄

well, it depends on what kind of music u like... but here r some advices:

rock:
x-japan
dir en grey
l'arc~en~ciel
hide
lareine
malice mizer

pop:
morning musume <-- u must listen their songs
hikaru utada
ayumi hamasaki
asami abe
nanase aikawa

👏

Last edited:
what kind of music you like?
rock: lunasea/ x japan / dir en grey / laputa, they r so many good bands..
if u like pop try da pump, ayumi hamasaki
soft music : kiroro
hip hop: kick the can crew

i cant think in anyone else at the moment, hope i could help ^^

Originally posted by Meiji Lythtis
well, it depends on what kind of music u like... but here r some advices:

rock:
x-japan
dir en grey
l'arc~en~ciel
hide
lareine
malice mizer

pop:
morning musume <-- u must listen their songs
hikaru utada
ayumi hamasaki
asami abe
nanase aikawa

👏

Are you sure l'arc en ciel can be considered as rock music?:eek:

Arai Akino if you can find her. She has the most haunting voice I've ever heard. Siam Shade rocks, especially the song "Life." And I've been listening to a bit of Little by Little; they did the intro Naruto: Kanashimi wo yasashi sa ni" I think is the name of it.

B'z

the top Japanese rock band,
they are the icons,
31 singles debuted at No.1 in Oricon Chart,thats Guiness Record

dir en grey, definitely! check out theyre song garden.

and x japan, gackt, melt banana and nicotine. real good music in my opinion.

for a taste of pop, there's always ayumi hamasaki and suzuki ami. theyre kinda like the japanese britney spears.

globe is good, though their a bit old, i like theyre songs. i recommend feel like dance.... really good.

Originally posted by stigmata
for a taste of pop, there's always ayumi hamasaki and suzuki ami. theyre kinda like the japanese britney spears.
OMG... Ayumi Hamasaki as the japanese britney spears? :eek: ... r u really sure what u r saying? :sorry:

For something a little bit different, but still pop...I recomend Mika Nakashima.
Her voice is so purdy, and sort of jazzy.
But, if you are looking for something unlike anything else, I say listen to some Gackt...his ranging voice along with music that varies from classical to pop to hard rock is awesome.

Originally posted by stigmata

Yikes! Britney's appeal is mostly to teens. Ayu appeals to older people too (at least, I think she does!). Plus, I don't think Ayu's as blatantly sexual as Britney.

For Jrock, check out Shiina Ringo, Aiko, and The Brilliant Green. For Jpop, try Morning Musume, Do As Infinity, Ayu, Hitomi, and Puffy just to name a few. Older but different -- > Pizzicato Five. Older, different, more rock, and better known to American audiences --> Shonen Knife.

For anyone trying to look those names up, I believe it's Hikki Utada; a nickname for the beautiful and talented Hikaru Utada. Gwahahaha! Awesome list Namie! I think Namie Amuro was the first Japanese artist I ever heard. The song was "Taiyou no Season" (窶伉セ窶配窶堙郡eason) and it's a really cool pop song. She's purdy too... guffaw.

Back
Top Bottom