What's new

Recommend a hotel or hostel in Tokyo

Omaki

後輩
5 Mar 2008
Hi I'm new here. I have booked a flight to Japan for next month. So now all I have to do is find a decent hotel or hostel to stay at for 7 days. My criteria is as follows:

-Clean
-Single room with bathroom/shower
-Internet access
-English/Chinese speaking staff
-Easy access to transportation
-Near Akihabara
-Price range $130USD and below

Idk... browse hotel/hostel sites! but on a helpful note, you should have no problem finding hotels in the $130 range, that is an average price for hotels. Hostels on the other hand, if you are willing to give up some privacy (ie: dorm style rooms with bunk beds etc.) can be had for $20-30 a night, and all of them will have showers and internet access.

Some hostels offer small single/double rooms for $60-70, with no attached shower, but once you are in that territory you should be able to find a budget hotel that will do better.

Personally I would much rather stay in a hostel, where things to do and people to hang out with are easy to come by- not to mention keeping your extra $100 for spending money, imagine what you could do every day on that!

edit: ok i basically threw your criteria out the window, and instead offered a completely different set of advice... but now you know what your options are!

ps. welcome to jref

also: here you go- http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/city_suburb.php?city_eng_text=Tokyo&suburbid=6

Thanks Numark. I did my research and ended up booking a room at Hotel Monterey Hanzomon for $110 a night 😌

Yes I'm made of money(j/k) and value my privacy. I get sketched out by hostels.

Even so, business hotels run about half as much as you're paying and fulfill all of your criteria.

Well thanks, money is no object for me on this trip, I'm looking to get a new perspective. Got to get away from the daily grind for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom