What's new

REAL ---- wheelchair basketball---

Dream Time

後輩
20 Jul 2003
a manga by Takehiko Inoue,the author of Slam Dunk

REAL is also about basketball,but it is different,it is wheelchair basketball,so far it has released 3 volumes and the 4th is coming soon,it is on the pace of releasing one volume per year...

in the 3 volumes,so far the story talks more about the feelings,minds of the characters,it talk less about the games,but it will talk more about the games as the story progress

of course,becoming paralyzed is very painful,
and imagine that happens on the athletes who are chasing their dreams,
they work so hard put so much time and effort into it,and then all the sudden,they became paralyzed,their dreams are broken,their efforts are wasted,imagine how painful they feel,the struggle in their minds

when it talks about the feelings and minds of the characters,it is so detailed,so real

this is a great manga,strongly recommended

Amazing Man!!

I once had the pleasure of taking care of a great young man. A car accident left him in a wheel chair; but what a full life. He has a ski-chair and goes sking every week-end in season. He has his own boat set up to go tuna fishing and a van with over 300,00 miles of travel he's logged on it. He scuba dives every chance he gets with other diving buddies. He supervised the building of his new house and moved in last year with a wonderful new wife. He never seemed to a negative thought & always had a smile on his face. I used to tease him how much more active his life was than mine. He got magazines about sports equipment for wheel-chair bound people and it's unbeliveable what's out there ! In my job I see handicapped people overcome tremendous odds everyday and feel ashamed about the things I complain about.

Frank

🙂

ABOVE POST BELONGS UNDER DREAM TIME"S

I put in a request for admin to move it, but no one's on the Forum right now! Somehow while eating supper, talking to the wife, and petting the cat; I goofed & posted it in the wrong spot !

Sorry,
Frank

😊

Frank,thats right

I mean,these people are paralyzed,lost their arms or legs,
but yet they are still living positively everyday

and look at ourselves,we complain for many things.

after I read REAL
I feel this,why do I complain so much and not try to live positively??

these people,although they are handicapped,they still try so hard to live well and chase their dreams

This manga looks amazing, not only does it have great artwork, it also shows how we should try to be more thankful for the health we have. Even if I can't do certain things with my bleeding disorder, I still try to be positive.

to those who have read and/or seen Slam Dunk

when you are reading REAL,
don't think of it as 'Slam Dunk 2'
it is completely different than Slam Dunk

silver angel said:
This manga looks amazing, not only does it have great artwork, it also shows how we should try to be more thankful for the health we have. Even if I can't do certain things with my bleeding disorder, I still try to be positive.

is bleeding disorder not curable????

staying positive is important,the only person who could defeat you is yourself

yes!!we must always be strong in our minds because there is many wonderful things awaiting for us to do and discover ne!!

Back
Top Bottom