Votes: 34 41.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Apollo

先輩
28 Mar 2004
Hello!

Generally, it seems like people are EITHER a cat lover OR dog lover, no?
I thought it would be fun if we had a poll on which pet was most popular... :)
Who would win?? I read that cats were most popular in the US (more cats in household than dogs)..

Personally, I like both pets, as I grew up with both - but today I live with two cats, as I can't have a dog in my apartment.

Growing up my grandmother had a terrible little shitsu dog with an awful personality and after that I could never warm up to a dog. There are some good dogs out there, but for the most part I avoid dogs. They're so high-maintenance. My family always had cats. I respect the independence of cats and I just like `em. :gohan:

so far, it is a very close race, as cats and dogs are equally popular...I have read that cats are most popular in the United States (read: more cats than dogs in a household).

Here is a photo of my two cute cats.... 🎈

Attachments

• MYtwoCats.JPG
    MYtwoCats.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 152
The one on the left looks like a cougar!

I dunno, seems like dogs and cats are pretty equally popular here in The States. A lot of my coworkers bring their dogs to work, which I kind of don't like. I don't think people should bring dogs to indoor places because some of the people around might not like dogs. I don't complain because the dogs are pretty well-behaved, but I feel obligated to pet them when I really don't want to.

I have a Golden Retriever and wouldn't trade him for the world! But don't worry, I have two cats! One on each side of the fireplace! :D

(that was a redneck joke...just ask if you didn't get it!)

Even through I like dogs (and cats are okay as well), I don't want one. No time and I'm a lazy kid :p .

I like both)
But dogs are more practical and more fun than cats. Cats eat, sleep and act like they own the place, and thats it!

I like INU !!!! dogs all the way!!! I just lub dogs :) Cats seem to be afraid of my inner dogness I guess...dogs feel attracted to me(don't think perverted :eek: ) while cats seem to run away :?

Brooker said:
The one on the left looks like a cougar!

Haha, it sure looks like a cougar! I have to "wild" cats, the one on the left is an Abyssinian, and the one on the right is a Norwegian Forest Cat.

kirei_na_me said:
I wouldn't take anything for my 20 pound tabby!

20 pound! Wow, that is a big and heavy cat. My Norwegian cat is *only* about 12-13 pounds (and I thought she was heavy!)

In Japan more people have dogs than they have children.

Anyway, cats rule. They are cool.

As for dogs, I have petted a few nice ones, but most of them just seem to want to stick their nose in my @#$% and then lick my face.

I'm for dogs, cuz u can be cool and say things like i'm chillin with my dawg, and stuff like that, but i see no problem having a cat.

kirei_na_me said:
Here's my cat, Sebastien:

Nice pictures...your cat looks cute (and BIG stomach!)...A bit bigger than my two cats...:)
Actually, my Norwegian Forest cat, Celine, looks bigger sometimes, but that is only because she has long fur on neck and tail.

Cats defo. Not much work to look after them and they are much cuter. You dont havr to take care of them much at all, and just enjoy them

Exactly, Arch. They are independent and can take care of themselves. Not to mention, I think they are much cleaner.

I love both cats and dogs. Unfortunately I can't have a dog at my apartment, so we can only have cats. We just got a kitten a few months ago, and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Cute! That looks like another one of my cats, Raven, when he was a kitten. I miss him. He's with my mom. :(

It's gotta be kitty cats!! They're too cute! I've got a Persian puss called Pocky, as named by Esca!! I'll try and get a picture up soon.

I am sooo happy that sooo many of you have voted on my poll and are contributing with photos of your pets... 🌹 THANK YOU!!!!

I found some individual pictures of my two cats.
The brown Abyssinian one is called Elida and is 3ツス years old, and she is very fussy and sensitive about her eating habits..
Celine is 2ツス years old and is a Norwegian cat....Here you can see the characteristic mane a Norwegian Forest cat has. THey live in the forests of Norway and are very wild....She also has a very bushy tail (protection in the long, cold winters in Scandinavia), which I am sorry is not depicted....

cross-platform: your black kitten is very cute!!!!

It seems like so far only us cat-owners wanna share photos??!! (hint) :)

Attachments

• ELIDA.JPG
    ELIDA.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 126
  • CELINE.JPG
    CELINE.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 128
I'm Too Lazy For A Dog!

It seems unfair to have a dog with no room for it to run around & be free.Here in Portland, Maine, we have very strick leash laws. If you do not have a giant yard, the dog has no where to run & be free.There is also a law about picking up their "poop" if they go anywhere but in your yard. You must carry a plastic bag and pick "it" up as soon as they go(while it's warm and squishy), UGH!!
The only thing bad I can say about dogs, is I hate their loud barking when I am trying to sleep. In my neighborhood, when one barks they all bark!
I love cats because they give so much love back.My last cat & the one I have now have been real snuggle-bunnies. Moonshadow is usually in my lap or at my side during the day. At night, she sleeps on my chest or at my feet. At 15 LBS. , she keeps me warm at night. Her purr is my favorite sound, soooo relaxing! Because of heavy traffic, my 2 cats are indoor only; wouldn't want them run over! Othere then a trip to the vets twice a year for a check-up, the litter box is the only hassel(and a lot of shed hair). If my house was on fire, I would save the cats first and then come back for my wife!

Frank

😊

Miss_apollo7 said:
Hello!

Generally, it seems like people are EITHER a cat lover OR dog lover, no?
I thought it would be fun if we had a poll on which pet was most popular... :)
Who would win?? I read that cats were most popular in the US (more cats in household than dogs)..

Personally, I like both pets, as I grew up with both - but today I live with two cats, as I can't have a dog in my apartment.
I'm a cat person 👍 Don't like dogs.
Cats are more popular here in Germany either :haihai:

kirei_na_me said:
Here's my cat, Sebastien:
Very cute one indeed :haihai:
Those from cross-plattform and miss apollo7 are very cute as well.
I should get pics from mine either...

Back
Top Bottom