What's new

Quick Translation - Wolf of Spring

Sarah Sears

Registered
1 Jun 2018
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could clarify this translation for me. I studied Japanese briefly but we never got into the particulars of prepositions so I get confused as to which is the best to choose in certain cases. Would this be haru no okami or is there a better word to use than no? Thank you, sorry if it seems silly to ask. Relative beginner here so don't go too hard on me lol

I think that should work. Depends on what exactly you are trying to say. Even in English it's not something you hear much. But similarly haru no hana would be spring flower.

Hello, I was just wondering if someone could clarify this translation for me. I studied Japanese briefly but we never got into the particulars of prepositions so I get confused as to which is the best to choose in certain cases. Would this be haru no okami or is there a better word to use than no? Thank you, sorry if it seems silly to ask. Relative beginner here so don't go too hard on me lol
"Haru no ōkami/ookami" is more appropriate since long vowels and short vowels are strictly distinguished in Japanese. "Okami" means "proprietress of a traditional Japanese inn or restaurant" or "Shogun/Emperor/government".
"Shunrō" also works well especially with kanji 春狼.
Is it for your handle name or something?

No my dog's name is Okami but he needed a full registerable name for the AKC and this came to mind. Don't ask why lol but before I did anything I just wanted to make sure my grammar was on. It's a shikoku so I felt a Japanese name was fitting. Thank you for your suggestions : )

Shikoku is an island, maybe you meant Shiba Inu?
16762_download_6f.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom