What's new

Quick translation question - sorry but I would very much appreciate help.

ryohazuki

後輩
21 Aug 2003
Hi, I relise that this may be hard to translate but my friend wants his nickname translated its

HUMID FREAK

Thank you very much for your help, i'm learning japanese at the moment but i'm unable to translate, because i'm learning how to speak in japanese first then write after.

Ryo Hazuki

Well, it would depend. Would you say this friend is a freak just about the humidity or just a freak in general?

What about 窶堋カ窶堙溪?堋カ窶堙溪?「テ焦ステュ (jimejime henshu). A variant is 窶「テ鞘?堙ィナステュ ("kawaridani", instead of "henshu" => different reading, but same meaning).

Do you want "humid" to include the meaning "hot" (like in "mushiatsui") ?

Is this a correct translation?

ナスツシ窶ケC窶堙娯?堋?窶堙ゥ 窶卍ソ窶堋オ窶堋「

I've uploaded a picture just incase it didnt show correctly:

Thanks for all the quick replies!

Ryo

If you're looking for a grammatically correct phrase, sorry but it is not correct. What are you trying to say exactly? It is rarely/unusually humid?

The first part (ナスツシ窶ケC窶堙娯?堋?窶堙ゥ) would be OK if it were followed by a place or time it was humid, but not by an adjective.

His name is "humid freak" when I researched the word freak thats all I could find.

I know that his name seems pretty strange, and it is so sorry if you think i'm asking a dumb question. Just that he has had this name for years and wants it translated to japanese!

thanks again

Ryo

"Shikke no aru (has humidity) kawaridane" is probably fine then.
The one you had is more like a freak of nature, which might be OK for the weather but probably not your friend......

ナスツシ窶ケC窶堙娯?堋?窶堙ゥ窶「テ鞘?堙ィナステュ

Originally posted by ryohazuki
Should I spell freak in katakana as in "otaku"?

Thanks

Ryo
Well, it doesn't have to be katakana -- but, yes, that would be fine too if you want the meaning of freak as an obsessed or manic fanatic about the heat and humity 👍.

I've asked him exactly what he means by his nickname - and he told me Humid Freak = It is Humid (as in humidity or warm) and Freak (as in Freak of nature)

So would the picture i uploaded in this topic be the most accurate?

thanks

Ryo -

No, that would be more like a curiosity or rarity. "Henshu" or "kawaridane" (sorry I don't have J-fonts on this computer) has much the same meaning and is used more for people, so I think you're safe with that.

Ok thanks, I will tell him either "Henshu" or "kawaridane" will be fine, basically he wants a tattoo and he wants it to say "freak" because he is disabled.

Just thought I would explain why he wants it - thanks again for all your help, you've been very helpful.

but now i'm really worried, plus i feel sorry for the dude
i KNEW it was for a tatoo though, just knew it...

Dont' be worried, he does want it to mean freak of nature but he is ok!

I know a lot of people dont like others having japanese text, but he asked me to translate! - not that I was much use on my own, because i've just started learning etc.

I'm glad I found this forum as I like all things japanese!

thanks

Ryo

word!
just saying that ALL of my taiwanese/mainland china/japanese friends have a bad tatoo translation story
please let me ask one of my friends for advice... she gave me my translation -- which is a play on my actual name -- and i have recieved a few compliments on it...

edit: is the translation he is looking for "sexy handicapped person?" or something like that? looking at options...

I have heard of bad translations as someone told me that a translation for "humid freak" could be translated as "moist queer".

Ok thanks, I will tell him either "Henshu" or "kawaridane" will be fine, basically he wants a tattoo and he wants it to say "freak" because he is disabled.

Just thought I would explain why he wants it - thanks again for all your help, you've been very helpful.
OK--no problem. It sounds like you have a good natured friend at least. And just to verify, if you do want to stick with this one (humidity, not moist; freak, not queer), it would be:

ナスツシ窶ケC窶堙娯?堋?窶堙ゥ窶「テ鞘?堙ィナステュ

For some reason the text isnt displaying, we have japanese text support installed, and have no problems viewing japanese text on other web pages.

Kawaridane = oddball - in japan does oddball actually mean freak of nature? or would henshu be more accurate. My japanese software couldnt display henshu correctly (I mean translate henshu into kanji/katakana/hiragana)

Thanks

Ryo

For some reason the text isnt displaying, we have japanese text support installed, and have no problems viewing japanese text on other web pages.

Kawaridane = oddball - in japan does oddball actually mean freak of nature? or would henshu be more accurate. My japanese software couldnt display henshu correctly (I mean translate henshu into kanji/katakana/hiragana)

Thanks

Ryo
Well......in this case the kanji is the same for both so it is just the meaning that changes :rolleyes:. And just for good measure, If you submit "freak of nature" to a machine translation such as Babelfish it does come out "shikkenoaru kawaridane." But who knows? Someone more expert may be able to pull a term out of obscurity, although I do think this is really very close.

especially if he is okay with the thought that the artist might mess up and tattoo something slightly/totally different -- thus giving a totally different meaning?
plus some people might think he is serious -- i wore this shirt
http://images.jlist.com/c3/gf1bla_small.gif
over there once, probably won't do it again... some peeps didn't get the joke...
anyway, here's something i made up :eek:
ツ色ツ身窶佚個湘。ナ?Qナステ停?堙個人
and sorry to be such a busybody, but a tat ain't nuffin to play wit :)

Sorry, I can't read what the t-shirt says (can only make out a few words)

In response to your *edit, he doesnt want it to say "sexy handicapped person?" he wants it to say "freak of nature". So the opposite of what you said!

thanks

Sorry, I can't read what the t-shirt says (can only make out a few words)

In response to your *edit, he doesnt want it to say "sexy handicapped person?" he wants it to say "freak of nature". So the opposite of what you said!

thanks
Especially if the sexy (ツ色ツ身) part isn't even Japanese and you're repeating person three times ! :D

Back
Top Bottom