What's new

Quick translation please

26 Feb 2004
繝上Λ縺ォ縺励∩縺・k繧ォ繧サ繧、縺ョ縺阪♀縺上€√ヶ繧ソ繧ィ繝峨う繝ウ雎�
I'm stuck on this one, it's obviously grammar I haven't covered yet. My best shot is "Stomach at stain needs household economy窶冱 memory, Pig Edwin the Pig." Something tells me that might not be right. Thanks for any help.

Hara ni shimiiru is probably sinks into or maybe closer to boils up in (?). Kasei I'm not sure about, could be a name -- someone's memory (?) Or chikara, power, could you write this out in romaji? The last part, besides pig, is mojibake illegible even in Unicode.

Elizabeth said:
Hara ni shimiiru is probably sinks into
Close enough.

「しみいる」で始まる言葉 - 英和・和英辞書

Elizabeth said:
or maybe closer to boils up in (?). Kasei I'm not sure about, could be a name -- someone's memory (?)
I think so.
Elizabeth said:
Or chikara, power, could you write this out in romaji? The last part, besides pig, is mojibake illegible even in Unicode.

I think there is probably only one character missing.

ハラにしみいるカセイのきおく、ブタエドイン豚

Thanks Elizabeth, Paul; I didn't realise it would be that tricky. First of all I misread a character on screen -- they're very pixelated.
繧ォ繧サ繧、 should have been 繝、繧サ繧、縲�
In Romaji: Hara ni shimiiru yaseino kioku, buta Edwin (my name) buta.
It's from the pause screen in a game called Dobutsu Bancho (or Cubivore in the west), I'm an animal called Edwin the Pig and my character has paused whilst I've gone to make a cup of tea or whatever. Previously, 繝上Λ referred to stomach and not field. I have a Japanese class tonight, I will ask my sensei.

edwinbradford said:
Thanks Elizabeth, Paul; I didn't realise it would be that tricky. First of all I misread a character on screen -- they're very pixellated.

In Romaji: Hara ni shimiiru yaseino kioku, buta Edwin (my name) buta.

It's from the pause screen in a game called Dobutsu Bancho (or Cubivore in the west), I'm an animal called Edwin the Pig and my character has paused whilst I've gone to make a cup of tea or whatever.
OK, first off the 'duplicate' ブタ / 豚 must be because you entered your name as ブタエドイン (or maybe エドイン豚) and it's adding the 豚 to the name you've already got.

ヤセイ is probably
野性 【やせい】 (adj-no,n) wild (nature); uncouth; rough; unpolished; (P)

So the whole sentence is like a caption for your character's current state (would be my guess).

ハラにしみいるヤセイのきおく、ブタエドイン豚

"With the memory of his wild nature penetrating deep within him, Edwin the Pig."

OK Paul, kind of makes sense, I'll try to get a definitive answer tonight and I'll post it later. One of the 雎� is done as a sort of picture or monogram so it looks better on screen than in text. I'll be back in 3 hours and post any feedback I can. Later - Edwin.

Most shocking of all would be if Hara was anything other than belly, gut, inside, since shimiiru is almost always used with a part of the body (heart, eye, stomach), often written in katakana, and nothing else really makes sense anyway.

蜿ェ莉�
繝上Λ is stomach, 縺励∩縺・k is to seep out as in ink seeping into paper, 繝、繧サ繧、 is world and 縺阪♀縺淑s memory. She said it was a bit strange but something like "Memory of the world seeps out of his stomach". That's not too bad because in the game you have to eat to stay alive. How does that sound to you?

Are you sure it isn't Wild for yasei ? I've never encountered the meaning world unless maybe nature or the natural world :confused:

Hi, Elizabeth, I suspect you're right, "Wild" was the answer my dictionary gave me. But Ah hah, I've just thought, we refer to Nature as "The Wild" sometimes, maybe that's the context here. So it's kind of "The environment" or very loosely "The World".

Help

I'm new around here and noticed that you lot can translate Japanese. Could you have a go at this list of words?

1. Arabesque
2. Ai no jikken
3. Hikousen
4. Kaifuku suru kizu
5. Houwa
6. Tobenai tsubasa
7. Kyoumei

It wuld be greatly appreciated

Alex

:?

Edwinbradford-san:

For some reason your Japanese text doesn't display correctly on my screen. But everybody else's does. Any reason why this might be? I tried selecting different encoding, but to no avail.

rquethe said:
Edwinbradford-san:

For some reason your Japanese text doesn't display correctly on my screen. But everybody else's does. Any reason why this might be? I tried selecting different encoding, but to no avail.
Did you try Japanese EUC ?

a part about Lily Chou-Chou

1. Arabesque
--->Arabesque(arabesuku or Karakusa-moyou in Japanese)

2. Ai no jikken
--->experiment of/about/with love

3. Hikousen
--->airship/zeppelin

4. Kaifuku suru kizu
--->restorative wound

5. Houwa
--->saturation

6. Tobenai tsubasa
--->flightless wing, wings which don't work on flying

7. Kyoumei
--->(sympathetic)resonance

Yes, Elizabeth's right, I've posted in Unicode. There was some issue previously which meant Unicode was the only means by which I could post and have all characters display and even then there were problems. It's been fixed now and I've since posted in Shift JIS no problem.

Back
Top Bottom