What's new

Questions on subject の + another.

LewiiG

先輩
27 Dec 2012
I think I realize why I didn't realize that it was a special の before.

Things like:
"日本人の知らない日本語"

And

"こレが私の望んだ「ココロ」?"

I would have taken those as "Unknown Japanese of Japanese people" and "this is my desired "heart?"" (Which both sound weird but I accepted it anyway). (望む is transistive so someone had to do the act of desiring though, I think.)

So, these are really "Japanese that Japanese people don't know" and "this is the "heart" I wished for?"? Right? Well I hope so. If that is the case, I have some questions. And more.

1. Would it be unatural to replace の with が in the second example? with having 2 がs, I wonder.

2. Why, in the second example, is just レ of これ written in katakana? What effect does that have? It doesn't sound voiced differently in the song or anything. It might be but I dunno.

3. "何回聞いても、この曲はもっとよくなり続ける" Does this make sense? I wrote it cause there are some areas that I am not 100% about, and if there are better ways of putting it. And if it's even right. Also, if I put "この曲を何度も聞いても" (and if it is right) for the first part what kind of thing would go after with a simillar meaning to the first one? (It's still amazing, I won't get tired of it, etc)

よろしくお願いします :)

Last edited:
3. Try the construction 聴けば聴くほど______
Thanks! I was unaware of such a useful construction! I just looked up a bit of it's meaning and usage.

So like, この曲は聞けば聞くほどもっとよくなる I guess? "This song gets better the more you/I/one listen(s) to it"?

I suppose this is something literal English won't work on? It's either that or I misunderstand something. If the above sentence is correct then that's all I really need to know I guess.

1)
こレが私が望んだ is acceptable.

2)
I googled the lyrics and found that it was set up that the words was said by a robot, so こレ shows that she spoke it awkwardly. You can see the same effect in 止まらナい and ナぜ. (知リタイ アノ人ガ 命ノ 終リマデ 私ニ 作ッテタ is the same, too. Katakana is sometimes used for non-native Japanese speakers' words to show it's awkward.)

3)
もっと is not needed, since ~ば~ほど connotes it.

Last edited:
Oh right, I see. I wondered why the subtitles were so inconsistant.
Many a thanks for the answers Toritoribe :)

Back
Top Bottom