What's new

Question regarding the meaning of...

ZenemyZ

Registered
1 Apr 2003
Hello guys,

i have recently found that forum and would like to have some doubts cleared.

I am searching for the correct meaning of the word "Yoruichi".. the problem is i dont know how this is written exactly in hiragana as i have only found this word in romanic letters..

So i am just guessing now that it could just be a name, without any special meaning to it.. but i am not sure of it yet.
That`s why i am hoping someone in here may know a fitting translation/meaning to that word..

Thanks in advance guys,

Bye,
Daniel

Context, context, context. In other words where did you find this word?

I have found some slight indication that よろいち is a name, possibly from a book called 百哉 but it's far from certain.

Hello Paul, thanks for that info already..

as to where i did find the word "Yoruichi".. it was mentioned in an article (not on the net) regarding the past and offspring of some ninja families during the Sengoku Jidai in the Honshu area..
the article itself is written in english but that doesn`t help as the word "Yoruichi" is just listed at the end of that article.. no hints or whatsoever..
i am guessing too that this is just a name, maybe some famous family name but probably there might be some meaning to it.. but without knowing the correct kanji (if there are any for that word) i can only guess..

i mean, as far as i know many traditional family names have some meaning etc. behind it and therefore i am just interested in finding out what might really be behind this word..

I hope this might help you, i can`t provide any further infos or details as this is really everything i can say about the context..

ZenemyZ said:
the article itself is written in English but that doesn't help as the correct kanji (if there are any for that word) i can only guess..
Hmm, well what you mention makes it rather more likely that it's someone's name. Where I came across it there also wasn't any kanji given - so no help there.

You could try checking out the book 百哉 (e.g. when it's set, is it fictional or based on real people ...) although it could be a false lead.

There were very few likely looking matches for よるいち and there wasn't much on the book either where I found it. 😌

Ok, i will try to get a look on that book mentioned above and maybe find some hint..
I guess there is no other choice.. *sigh*

But never mind, thanks for your help..

Bye,
Daniel

Well 夜一 is a female character from the manga BLEACH.

And there's a Yoruichi software company.

But I doubt that they are relevant. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom