What's new

Question about power adaptors

IndieDevM

後輩
16 Dec 2015
Hello all,

I'm back off to Japan next month (yay!), and one thing I remember having a small problem with last time was that the power sockets were often too close together for me to plug in more than one UK travel adaptor at a time.

So I was wondering if it's safe to plug in a standard UK 4 way multi socket extension into a travel adaptor and just use that? I know technically it would work, but I don't know if there are any issues with the load it would draw. I mean in theory it's a lower voltage so I assume it would be ok, but I don't know if the ampage would be an issue.

If anyone knows that would be great
Thanks

Look at the capacity marked on the adapter you intend to use and make sure it is up to handling whatever load you intend putting through it. This is a question about whatever unknown, unspecified, particular adapter you happen to choose so I doubt there is any way for anyone to answer it for you beforehand.

Look at the capacity marked on the adapter you intend to use and make sure it is up to handling whatever load you intend putting through it. This is a question about whatever unknown, unspecified, particular adapter you happen to choose so I doubt there is any way for anyone to answer it for you beforehand.

Thanks for the reply. Thinking about it you've pointed out it's a lot simpler than I was actually thinking it was for some reason lol. I was asking wondering weather 4 UK into one 2 pin Japanese socket would be the issue, but as you mention it's actually just a case of checking the load on the adaptors and devices!

I'll double check the adaptor and my devices in the morning, but from memory it should be ok as the adaptor I think was 10Amp, and I'm fairly certain my devices are a max of about 60w each, which I think on 110v is maybe only .6Amps. Thanks for kick starting my brain into gear!

Back
Top Bottom