What's new

Question about lyrics that use Kanji

OoTmaster

先輩
23 Oct 2012
In the song no pain, no game. part of the lyrics include 終焉(はじまり)のEYES. I thought 始まり was how you wrote はじまり in that kind of context. Is this some type of kanji substitution that is for artistic style or does that kanji combination usually mean the same thing with a different pronunciation? I have noticed sometimes that artists will also use words for kanji that mean the same thing. Like for 命 they will say ライフ instead. Just a bit confused on this.

And "EYES" also represents 合図 "aizu" signal/sign. People who listen the song without seeing the lyrics would never think of both "終焉" and "EYES" just from the sound of はじまり and あいず/アイズ.

Could there possibly be 3 meanings behind those words then? Before this line there's normally the line in English, "The game has only just begun." 一つの意味:終焉のEYES (eyes that see the demise) 二つの意味:始まりのEYES (your eyes (perspective) at the start) 三つの意味:終焉の合図 (signal/sign of demise)?

From the lyrics, it seems to be "my eyes" to me. の can't mean "to see something".
There are four possible interpretations; 始まりの合図, 始まりのEYES, 終焉の合図 and 終焉のEYES .

Thank you. These artists seem to like to put more than one meaning into certain lyrics. There could be more that I'm missing but this really helps!

Back
Top Bottom