What's new

Question about Horimono

wererat

後輩
27 Apr 2007
hi i am looking into more history and tradition behind the bod art of horimono and am wondering what is the significance behind the open spot under the arm around the arm pit and down the inside of the bicep ...

thanks for any and ALL help to answer this question!!!

I don't know. Someone here may know, but you may have to explain what field of art or science you are more generally talking about, and then be a bit more specific.

The armpit is a huge nervecenter, and as I understand, quite painful to tattoo. The inner bicep is similarly a place that is generally avoided by tattooists because it is so sensitive.

So maybe the significance is that yakuza are a bunch of sissies?

I see...horimono is to be taken rather literally then, digging into the skin-- as in tattoo !! I have no idea about that.

The only tattoos I have are the car accident design on the forehead (hardly noticeable), the bobwire fence fall on the left ear, the dogfight I had with one dog, on my right hand, the talking-with-my-mate-while-using-the-sharpening-iron-at-the-restaurant design on my left hand, and the kind of modern scramble art design on my shins from the various objects around during my recent carpentry work.

OH...and no need to worry about those 6 guys in the black Nissan, they only look tough. (ask them to first show you their arm pit area, if it's tattooed, then run !!)

Back
Top Bottom