What's new

question about future undergraduate mext scholarship

bob abdrahman

後輩
17 Oct 2013
hi every one and i'm new here
i just have this little question
i was born after April 1992, does any one know if i can be accepted in the mext 2014/2015, because a lot of people i know sad that one of requirement of this year is you must be under 22 years old -born after April 1993-
please answer me :(

There are active members, but not everyone cares about the MEXT scholarship... From your posts, it would seem nobody over age 22 would care about it.

No, if it's 2014/2015, you must be born in 1993 or after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, most of the folks in the Studying in Japan subforum have gone inactive since the embassy recommendation phase for the 2014 scholarships. If your question doesn't get answered immediately, be patient. Nothing good ever comes out of rushing something.

The 2014 scholarships took in applicants born after April 1992. Naturally, next year (the 2015 application phase) will take in applicants born after April 1993.
Also, I don't think it was necessary to create multiple topics when you could've put in all of your questions in the same thread.

thanks for the answer it's my first time here so pardoner moi
i just have one question which one is better for applying research student or master degree this year

Bob

I don't think you have a choice there. In my country, there's only the option for research studies students and if you want a masters degree, you have to apply for an extension of your scholarship to MEXT while you are in Japan. I know of an alumnus who stayed there for four years: two for research and other two for masters. I think this applies everywhere.

For me, I'm in my first year of campus but considering the time constraints should I go for research, I decided to apply for undergrad and forfeit that one year. After all, I don't know Japanese and it might take longer.

Hope that helps.

Sent from Tapatalk

Bob

I don't think you have a choice there. In my country, there's only the option for research studies students and if you want a masters degree, you have to apply for an extension of your scholarship to MEXT while you are in Japan. I know of an alumnus who stayed there for four years: two for research and other two for masters. I think this applies everywhere.

For me, I'm in my first year of campus but considering the time constraints should I go for research, I decided to apply for undergrad and forfeit that one year. After all, I don't know Japanese and it might take longer.

Hope that helps.

Sent from Tapatalk

a great help nijo
where are you from?

i thought just like you and i'm applying to research student this year
have a question for you do you know how to find professors labs in japan i looked every where but i didn't find any thing

Back
Top Bottom