What's new

Question about chopsticks??

CrownTheSinners

Registered
7 Dec 2014
I ordered some chopsticks some time ago, and they came with a little sticker. Not exactly sure what it is, but I think it's maybe a name tag for the chopsticks' case?

Attachments

• IMG_1763[1].JPG
    IMG_1763[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
That's right. Write your name on it and put it on the case to show who the owner of the chopsticks is.

EDIT:
Ooops, sorry for my late reply!🤦

The article is about 割り箸 (waribashi - disposable chopsticks) not those we use everyday at home.
---
Japanese chopsticks and Chinese chopsticks are different.
Chinese ones (the upper one in the image) are longer and generally heavier than Japanese ones, and with thick ends.
Japanese ones (the lower in the image) are shorter and lighter, with pointed (tapered) ends.
10f263bab6a2776b9bf0.jpg

Cheap chopsticks sold in 100 Yen shops could be made in China, but at least their design is Japanese style.

I was being a little facetious. Since the number of imported chopsticks each year is close to two hundred pairs per person and each person probably has no more than two or three pair each of regular non-disposable chopsticks at home and since about 98% of the imports come from China, then the vast majority of chopsticks in Japan are Chinese chopsticks in terms of origin, if not in terms of design.

Back
Top Bottom