What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

PT Job possibility vs Uni

Jericho Desu

七転八起
Reaction score
Guys I need opinions, someone I know from my Japanese school who works at a Japanese restaurant got me an interview to see if I can work their part time. Now I know this is jumping the gun since I don't even know if I'll get the job, but if I am offered it should I take it?

My finals are in about 6 weeks but there are only 3 with like an 11 day gap between them, but theres also my final year project the deadline of which is in 5 weeks. I'm getting low in funds and don't know if I'll be able to get a job after I graduate (I spent my whole summer looking for a part time job and got nothing...), plus since this is in a Japanese restaurant there is potential speaking practice (alot of Japanese people go there and most of the staff are Japanese).

Any thoughts/opinions etc would be greatly appreciated especially by those who have done something like this before.

Tsuyoiko

DON'T PANIC!
Reaction score
Don't necessarily think of having a job as detrimental to studying for your finals. It might even help in a way. I got married while I was studying for mine, and I think it helped by giving me something else to focus on, so I didn't become too stressed about either. Maybe that's a weird way of looking at it, but it worked for me :p

Plus, any job you get now is going to help when looking for a job later. I think employers like to see any kind of work experience on your CV.

So, go for it mate! 👍

Jericho Desu

七転八起
Reaction score
Thank you Tsuyoiko, it never even occured to me that it could help me get a job later. I'm going to go for it! 👍

Top Bottom