What's new

PS3 consoles and the DVDs

hiverloon

先輩
23 Aug 2015
Do PS3 consoles sold in Japan have English in their language setting? One more question, have you ever found PS3 game DVDs in amazon.jp with English as the language?

You can change the default PS3 language setting to English. This changes the interface language on the PS3, it doesn't mean it will switch all games to English (although some games that have both English and Japanese may check to see what the default setting is on the machine).

Amazon JP sells some English (US, Euro) software. You need to look for the words 輸入盤 (import) in the description. The market for imported software is tiny. You may not find importated versions of what you are looking for.

You can change the default PS3 language setting to English. This changes the interface language on the PS3, it doesn't mean it will switch all games to English (although some games that have both English and Japanese may check to see what the default setting is on the machine).
Thanks for the answer!
Yeah actually I own a PS3, purchased in Germany, and I can change the interface language. I was just wondering if English option is also available in Japanese PS3s.

Back
Top Bottom