What's new

PS2, still the runner up...

Ulubatli

後輩
9 Apr 2004
Today, I bought a PS2, that's my first experince in PS world.

I played the games that came in the box. It was incredible, the graphical effects, light effects, waaaooow....

Then I had a feeling that Sony is dominating the technological world. Than I realized the small logo on the box 'PS2 All rights reserved 1999'. Oh my god, it is almost 5 years old but is still the runner up! What a technology...

God bless Japans...

(Sony should invest more to advertise in Turkey I think)

It is said that developpers still don't exploit 50% of the PS2 abilities ^^
I'm looking forward to see the games next years :D

i am quitting microelectronical engineering... what needs to be done is already done by sony... :D

If only Sony's car audio skills and quality were the same as the rest of their product line ups I would be in heaven!! :p

PS2 graphics were impressive, but I think it bites now. That, or game companies aren't putting enough efforts in making better graphics... I'm certain that PS2 is capable of more.

Sony has really gone downhill. they dont really work on the quality of the products. People think: Sony, it must be good, so they dont realize how bad it is. the playstation, and some of their pro equipment is still good though

the ps2 is my favorite console, i think. the graphics though, do not bie, i mean, prince of persia was one of the most beautiful games i've seenm though it does have some visual problems...

The PS2 graphics is clearly behind the GameCube and Xbox who have much better abilities in that area :D
They were really good when the PS2 came out, but look quite dated now.

TKNY said:
Sony has really gone downhill. they dont really work on the quality of the products. People think: Sony, it must be good, so they dont realize how bad it is. the playstation, and some of their pro equipment is still good though

Internet and Tech News

If anybody has a Japanese copy of Def Jam Vendetta for PS2 that they want to get rid of, let me know. Domo.

xbox has defo got to be the best at moment. PS2 is very outdated compared to the cube and xbox.

wonder how PS3 is goona compare.

To a certain degree I think this. I use to hate X-box but now i'm intrigued by it graphics and gameplay. Even the controller is appealing to me more--[not the basic but like the mad catz i think its called or something along the lines] The games are getting better too. PS3 should bring them back up the totem pole.

Currently own:
A gamecube
PS2
and thinking hard about getting a X-box. 😌

the ps2's graphics are ok even on prince of persia they were great but it slowed down alot unlike the xbox version. Also what can you say when there are amazing graphical games on xbox like ninja gaiden or halo? dont get me wrong i love my ps2 and it has alot of good games but i think that xbox has dominated the video game industry right now. Who knows what the Ps3 or Xbox 2 might bring heck Nintendo might even kick all there butts with there new system code named discovery :p

The Playstation 2 came out in October 2000. While the Gamecube hit the market in November of 2001 and the Xbox came out in Nov. 15, 2001. So you see here that the Playstation 2 came out much earlier then the other 2 consoles so it's absolutely no wonder that the Playstation 2 graphics are less good then that of the other consoles.

I have a Nintendo Gamecube. The Gamecube graphics are quite on the same level as that with the Xbox.

I don't like the Xbox because the console size is too large, also I think Microsoft already dominates too much of the computer industry and imo the Xbox is just a PC in disguise. By the way there are more Gamecubes sold then Xboxes haha. :D

Here are the total console sales worldwide until about Sept. 21, 2003.

Console: North America: Japan: Europe and others: Total:
PlayStation 2 19,000,000 14,170,000 19,400,000 59,990,000
GBA 14,540,000 9,240,000 7,920,000 31,700,000
GBA-SP 2,300,000 820,000 460,000 2,110,000
GameCube 4,600,000 2,470,000 1,950,000 9,550,000
Xbox 5,800,000 400,000 2,200,000 9,400,000

GameSpy: PC Games, Reviews, News, Previews, Demos, Mods & Patches

The Gamecube doesn't have many trashy games, instead it has mostly good quality games and some legendary games such as Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe and more.

Also some top games that will come out in the near future for the Gamecube are: Viewtiful Joe 2, Killer 7, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Pikmin 2, Starcraft: Ghost, Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario 2 and ofcourse the new Legend of Zelda.

So overal I think the Gamecube is the coolest, because it's not a big oversized console. It has a nice design and size. There are plenty of top games for the Gamecube available. It's also the cheapest console of all 3. And the graphics are about the same quality as that of the XGates.

So if you want a good console with top quality games for a good price then I say go buy the Nintendo Gamecube. 👍 :) 👍

2 of the games you listed btw are coming to the ps2 :p but indeed you do make a good point i do also have gamecube and it does have the good classic originals :p

About that consumer affairs article, I KNEW IT!!! I knew that my 1st generation PS2 wasn't the only one degenerating, granted mine didn't do it in 3 months like the one they mentioned (that's just bad upkeep I'm sure), but the same happened with my PSX and is now happening with my friend's 2nd or 3rd generation PS2. I'll just say that my NES, SNES, N64, and original GameBoy all still work as well as the day I got them (though that's probly due to them being cartridge systems, but still). :eek:

To whoever said Xbox's are PC's in disguise, you're right, except they're restricted internally so you have to buy a $60 mod-chip to make it work more like a PC (accepting software mainly). I heard the Xbox2 is going to be even more similar to a PC though, too bad it's only going to run on Windows :D

Edit: And you forgot to mention Super Smash Bros Melee!! I've never played any fighting game that could hold a candle to that.

Wang said:
The Playstation 2 came out in October 2000. While the Gamecube hit the market in November of 2001 and the Xbox came out in Nov. 15, 2001. So you see here that the Playstation 2 came out much earlier then the other 2 consoles so it's absolutely no wonder that the Playstation 2 graphics are less good then that of the other consoles.

Im so glad someone else made this comment. This is the main thing most people forget when they are comparing graphics and console power. The newer console will without a doubt have more up to date technology in it. New graphics cards that can process effects that the year older console wont be able to do. Sometimes it seems pointless even comparing consoles because of graphics and system specs. It is always impressive seeing how much developers can squeeze out of the consoles. Because it is a fixed platform where they only have to program to one set of specifications they can pull out the stops and push and work around the limits of the consoles technology without having to worry about someone buying the game and it not working with a certain soundcard/graphics card/processor etc. This is why it is normally better to stick with a console for more than 2 years because the developers have got the hang of the developing units, found out what they can and cant do and start bringing out amazing games.

i think i have just made a load of rambling nonsense.. but hey.. :D

the PS2 is best in my opinion... The way it's been, and with the PS3 and PSP coming out.. I can't wait to see a new set of games that are sure to help bring it to the top of the pyramid

I love Nintendo.. Games like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and Super Monkey Ball are awsome.... and who can forget Mario Party...

About the only game i like on PS is Crash Team Raching, and thats a clone of Mario Kart

I have a PS2---I don't know why it wasn't an X-box or GameCube...I just think I went for SONY because everything in my apartment is SONY.. :D Nah, kidding, it was because my friends all have a PS2.

I am looking forward to the PS3 too...where has it come out?

Shinpachi said:
I heard the Xbox2 is going to be even more similar to a PC though, too bad it's only going to run on Windows :D
there'll be 3 versions of xbox2. One of them will basically be a PC :p

Back
Top Bottom