What's new

Probability of meeting Japanese women?

Muz1234

Sempai
13 Aug 2014
What is the probability of meeting a Japanese women if you are outside Japan? I am in Malaysia, there are some Japanese people who live here.

There are only a few big Japanese populations outside of Japan, Brazil being the largest one. If you're in a big tourist city, you might meet some Japanese people, but if you're talking about meeting someone to date (which, I assume, is why you want a woman instead of a Japanese person in general), a tourist probably isn't your best bet. Check the incoming flights from Japan at the nearest international airport and try to pick up women at baggage claim lol

In all seriousness though, you can probably find some Japanese expats in Kuala Lumpur. Check for Japanese meetups on the Meetup app, or check the Japanese area of downtown if there is one.

Honestly if you want to meet Japanese people, go to Japan.

If I found a Japanese woman that I like, should I ask for her number? I know they use LINE as communication but I don't use these apps pretty much for communication uses.

Yeah you should ask for her LINE, or if she lives in Malaysia ask for whatever app you use there.

One trick I like to use to avoid making things awkward is to just give girls a card with my name and number on it (or my LINE ID). Then they can text me if they want, or they can just throw it away if they're not interested. I use this on cute waitresses all the time because you don't want to potentially embarrass them in front of their coworkers/boss.

Does using these communication apps distract you when you are driving? I find it hard when I drive while texting.

Be careful about wishing to meet Japanese women, because if they get wrath, then you will never wish to meet them again!

ezgif-4-65459fc06c53.gif

I find it hard when ask a girl, a phone number, because after a meet, there might be lost contact or some sort.
If that happens, it's probably because she's uninterested in you.

Why are you deadset on finding a Japanese woman, anyway? What's wrong with Malaysian women, for instance?

Malaysian women are more interested of their phone than me, I guess. When I find a women that I like, I don't know what is the best potential? I definitely don't like gold-digger. Probably, they think like, this guy is a loner, why should I be bother with him.

If I post something in this forum, it is not consider backbiting, correct?

I studied a lot of Japanese, that is probably the reason why I am interested in Japanese women.

So... you've had no success dating and you think switching to a different ethnic group will solve that? I seriously doubt it.

If you have any sort of untreated depression, definitely work on fixing that with a therapist first.

Other than that, I'd just like to note that women are attracted to people based on mental characteristics, not so much physical. So make sure in particular that you're opening up about yourself, your interests, your personality, etc, because if you bottle those away you'll just look like a boring rock. Dependability also matters; if you don't have a stable job, for example, that instantly makes you less attractive, while if you're really handy, that makes you more attractive. So keep that in mind.

Also, make sure you're looking in the right places for women. I would strongly recommend against handing your number to some stranger who's serving you as a waitress. I've had a guy do that to me, and that was an instant turn-off. That same guy then showed up to another workplace multiple times trying to be flirtatious, which I could have reported as sexual harassment (and I would have done so if he hadn't promptly left every time), but more to the point, it made him look like a creep, someone I don't want to be even associating with, let alone dating.

Much better than random strangers:
* Friends that you've grown attracted to for non-superficial reasons
* Online dating

And if you don't have any friends, fix that before you fix your love life. I used to not have any friends, mostly because of a history of depression, so I found some interest-based groups and started attending them. That was a massive help. I did have to fix my issues with depression first, though.

So yeah, since I don't know you personally, it's hard to say what you should do. But hopefully this gives you a better idea than trying to find women in a different ethnic group.

Non-superficial?

I am in my 30s from this year, I don't mind if I date women who are around 20 - 35 years of age.

Non-superficial?

So, for example, not just because of the way she looks, and not just because of her ethnicity; and most importantly, not because you want a girlfriend and you're slightly more attracted to her than the others.

Superficial women are very difficult to find.

And does men always has to make the first move? Or is it a gut feeling when I hesitate to initiate a conversation with a girl.

Japanese women are polite, and also some young Japanese women are kawaii looking.

I've met and spoken to several Japanese women, and they're no different on average from the American women I know. And every person, whether Japanese or American or Malaysian, has their own personality.

It is kinda difficult to expect some Japanese girls to show up at a language exchange.

I have attended so many languages exchanges events, but I cannot find a Japanese girl that really suits me.

Sore ha unmei dayo ne, what fate is fate.

Maybe, they don't like my name I guess? Cause every if I met a person a first time, they always ask, what is your name? I just say Muz. That is the name I frequently use.

320px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Muz. Real talk.
A language exchange is not a dating environment. So of course they're not expressing any interest in you. They're not interested in dating anyone. The absolute most they might be interested in is a loose friendship. Possibly.

If you want a relationship, you need to be looking in the right places. Places where others are interested in a relationship, like an online dating website, or if you and someone you know are mutually attracted to each other.

So should I stop going to these language exchanges since I cannot find dates there?

If looking for dates is all you're doing there, then yes, stop going to them. But there are more important things in life than finding dates, and as long as dating is the most important thing in the world to you, no woman is going to be interested in you as a partner.

So get your life in order and become an attractive guy. If you're not willing to do that, I hear they sell robots for guys like you now.

If a Japanese girl ask me, what is your hobby? What should I say? Learn Japanese? Read books?

I have wrestled with myself about posting in this thread , but it brings about old memories of the Japanese girl I fell in love with and the problems that arose. A long term relationship can be difficult no matter who is involved. When you bring in language , culture , and religion differences , it become much more difficult and takes a super amount of give and take on both parties to succeed . I was young and thought love would overcome all problems. Being a male , I made all the decisions in our love life. I expected a young Japanese girl from a tiny village , who spoke NO English , to give up her friends , family and everything she knew , to just give it all up and come live with me in the US. I look back now and see how selfish and stupid I was. I paid a high price also. I lost my high level top secret clearance with the US Navy and was sent to the worst duty station they had at the time as punishment for wanting to marry a foreign national. When I wrote home about my marriage plans , my father said "If you marry that slant eyed ***** , don't bother coming home." He had fought the Japanese in WWII and had strong hate for the Japanese. I didn't care about my problems , I was so in love. My plan was to get out of the Navy , return to the US , get a job and a place to live and then send for my future wife. Not once did I consider the sacrifices my girlfriend would have to make. We had lived together in Japan for a year and I don't remember ever talking about how she felt. In the end , she decided not to move to the US and I ended up marrying a woman from England. To ask a person to give up their regular life that they grown up with and to leave their country is asking a lot. So I guess my point is , before you fall in love with a person with many differences than you , be aware it may not turn out the way you want it to or expect it to.

Another thing I don't like about language exchanges is that there is always people that are better than you whether it is in the language, or anything, career, etc.

I easily get jealous sometimes, and it feels pressure to me to keep up to those standards at the same time.

People might say maybe you just have to compare the people that are no better than you, that would make you feel better.

Maybe I am just babbling here, but at least I get to meet Japanese people in person.

Another thing I don't like about language exchanges is that there is always people that are better than you whether it is in the language, or anything, career, etc.

I easily get jealous sometimes, and it feels pressure to me to keep up to those standards at the same time.

People might say maybe you just have to compare the people that are no better than you, that would make you feel better.

Maybe I am just babbling here, but at least I get to meet Japanese people in person.

Well, you probably have something that you're better at than most of those other people, right? Everyone (at least MOST everyone) has something they're better at than most other people. Instead of language exchange, why don't you try some type of hobby group?

I live in the United States, and unless you happen to be Japanese or non East Asian, it's difficult to date Japanese girls. Not sure what it's like in Malaysia.

Back
Top Bottom