What's new

Presentation about Japan

Hiroto=Love

DieHard Pon Fangirl x3
6 Mar 2007
In about 3 weeks i have to give a Presentation about Japan.
But i don't know how to start😌
And i have to find information, and I thought, maybe you guys could help me to start..,
because there are much japanese people here, and it's better to ask people who live there, So xD,
And i didn't know where i could put this thread.., so if I putted it wrong, sumimasen 🙇‍♂️

Too many possibilities I think ?

I think you need to pick a small topic or area to discuss. Maybe use Google to find a certain thing that interests you and then use JREF to get more ideas. OR....do you want people here to give you an idea to work on?

Uncle Frank

:?

do you want people here to give you an idea to work on
Yes, because i'm not so good at starting something, Bad habbit 😌
I have only 8 á 10 minutes for the presentation

The culture I think, and the music . Maybe I can start with The Culture, or something :O

Maybe....

pick a topic that you are interested in learning more about . How about Japanese music(J-Rock). I heard that many Japanese bands or individual musicians who are very popular outside Japan are not popular or well known in Japan. Or why do Japanese male rock stars dress and look like females? Why do young people like music in a language they do not understand? Maybe you could discuss the most popular groups and play some of their music to introduce others to music they know nothing about. Make your assignment something you enjoy and it might get you a better grade. Good luck !

Uncle Frank

:)

Are you the only one giving a presentation about Japan?

If you are, then an obvious topic might be 'family life in Japan' i.e. the lifestyle of a typical urban/suburban family. There's so much you could talk about here, and it would be easy to contrast it with your own country. Some points you could touch on might be: what kind of houses/apartments they typically live in, the education system the kids go through, the relationship between the parents and the kids, eating habits, time spent together, national holidays etc etc

The topic's so large you could easily fill 10 minutes, and research on the net and on Jref would be easy. You should easily find photos too. Of course, if other students are also giving talks, or the class has already studied Japan, then this topic would be too general - you'd need to find something more specific.

If it was me I'd give a talk on regional foods (especially TAKOYAKI!) or seasonal foods, or perhaps the different foods that are cooked together at the table, which are an important way to relax with friends and family (nabe, sukiyaki, okonomiyaki, TAKOYAKI etc etc)

Good luck, keep us posted!

PS Did I mention TAKOYAKI? 😊

takoyaki-1.jpg

made of stone
Thanks :), i think i'm a lot further then when i started , Do you have a Takoyaki obsession?:O, It looks delicious xD

made of stone
Thanks :), i think i'm a lot further then when i started , Do you have a Takoyaki obsession?:O, It looks delicious xD

It is delicious, the food of gods! And I wouldn't say an obsession as such, but I fear my takoyaki-themed pyjamas and bedclothes rather give the game away lol.

As a great poet (never) wrote:

'But, soft! What light on yonder takoyaki breaks?
It is the east, and mayonnaise is the sun'

:atsui:

Best of luck with the presentation, let us know how you get on!

That's an obsession xD, i have it with Hiroto of Alice nine xD
Thank you :) , if I need anything to know from you guys, i'll post =D

In about 3 weeks i have to give a Presentation about Japan.
Who is this for? Your age shows 14, so I'm guessing this is a junior high school presentation of sorts, and that you are Dutch.

What is the purpose of the presentation? To show an aspect of Japanese culture? To persuade people about something? You must have been given some goals or restrictions on this. Tell us.

Also, you have 8-10 minutes. Are you able to present just by standing in front of the room with no props, or can you use a PowerPoint show and materials to demonstrate?

Yeah, i have to stand in front of the class, i can make anything i want,
This are the Subjects my teacher wants me to talk about:
-The country
-The Culture(religion and stuff)
-The Language
-The People
-Trading with US and Europe
And i have to tell al this in 8-10 minutes:unsure:

Yeah, i have to stand in front of the class, i can make anything i want,
This are the Subjects my teacher wants me to talk about:
-The country
-The Culture(religion and stuff)
-The Language
-The People
-Trading with US and Europe
And i have to tell al this in 8-10 minutes:unsure:
That's a lot of stuff for 10 minutes max!? 😌

So that's like 1 paper typed in Microsoft Word, with double line spacing, per subject I think. 5 papers in total should add up to 8 to 10 minutes, or at least that's my experience.

Good luck!! 👍

8-10 minutes is short.., But, i have to speak about the important parts .., I hope i'll get a good grade 😌

Do your presentation about the cause, effect, and long term after-effects of the ousting of the Tokugawa Shogunate and the subsequent Meiji Restoration period as regards Japan's growth as a nation and it's access to the outside world...

...Just kidding, like leonmarino, I don't think that 10 minutes is enough time to talk about the subjects you're given, (though I think your teacher means you can talk about any one of those subjects, not all of them...) still.

I think a good idea would be to pick an item of food that is typical of a Japanese diet, (say green tea, or miso soup), talk about how it is made, and maybe discuss it's health benefits, you may or may not allude to the fact that the Japanese enjoy good health because of this in their diet.

Or maybe talk about the culture of onsen, (japanese hot spring bath...), many people may not know that you wash yourself first and then enter the bath...

You might also read through some of Pachipro's great real-life anecdotes of his time in Japan, in this forum, just look for the threads titled Crash Course in Japanese Culture...

It's a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom