What's new

Present for her parents

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
hello everybody,
im going to meet my future father and mother in law in a couple of months, and i wonder what i need to give them its a hello im your daughters fiancee present!!, i was thinking of something dutch for her mom, like a tea set in delfsbleu :) , and for her dad some nice brandy. 😌

anybody have some ideas for me?

dutch baka said:
hello everybody,
im going to meet my future father and mother in law in a couple of months, and i wonder what i need to give them its a hello im your daughters fiancee present!!, i was thinking of something dutch for her mom, like a tea set in delfsbleu :) , and for her dad some nice brandy. 😌

anybody have some ideas for me?

Sounds like you already nailed it. But you'd better find out first if the ol' man likes to drink, especially brandy.

I think those sound like great gifts! 👍

I think the tea set is a very nice idea. I think the brandy is a nice idea too, but I agree with these two guys on you needing to find out if he likes it first. Chances are, he probably does. ;-)

either that, or find what kind of golf clubs he already has and see if you can't buy him something trendy to go with that... :)

All of these sound like great ideas, but wouldn't it be best to just ask your fiancee? I would imagine that she'd have a better idea of what her parents might want than any of us would.

thanks for all the post back, i appreciate
well i asked my fiancee, and she agree with this gift also, he like the brandy brand VSOP.

it are not bad gift, but i think brandy is not really origional ....bit normal. well i got some time left, you guys have any other ideas?

dutch baka said:
thanks for all the post back, i appreciate
well i asked my fiancee, and she agree with this gift also, he like the brandy brand VSOP.

it are not bad gift, but i think brandy is not really origional ....bit normal. well i got some time left, you guys have any other ideas?

Well, what's his favorite sport or hobby? You can get him something related to either one (throw in the brandy on top of it). Does he like cigars? Does he smoke a pipe?

Use your imagination! 👍

dutch baka said:

Then buy a whole crate of it !!!!!!! :D Or you can alwais look for a gift-set of a bottle and 2 glasses in some wooden box... or something like this or that

Maybe you can find his favorite brandy in some gift-set like this.

Or, you can get him one of these. At about $300.00 U.S. for the set, you won't be accused of being frugal with this. :) He can play with them in the onsen.

ArmandV said:
Or, you can get him one of these. At about $300.00 U.S. for the set, you won't be accused of being frugal with this. :) He can play with them in the onsen.
HAHA, I can just imagine it. the dad and his friends playing in the onsen..

"I wanna be lava-Godzilla!"
"They're my toys! I'm lava-Godzilla! you can be big-fat-snot-green-Godzilla."

noxlord said:
Then buy a whole crate of it !!!!!!! :D
Because that's the message you want to convey.. "I think you're an alcoholic!" ;)
noxlord said:
Or you can alwais look for a gift-set of a bottle and 2 glasses in some wooden box... or something like this or that

Maybe you can find his favorite brandy in some gift-set like this.
those things look stylish though. Good thought.

TwistedMac said:
HAHA, I can just imagine it. the dad and his friends playing in the onsen..

I could too. Wouldn't it be funny if that's the gift they settle on? :)

thanks ya guys for the tips, however im not going to think serieus about the gzillas 😊

arigato

dutch baka said:
thanks ya guys for the tips, however im not going to think serieus about the gzillas 😊

arigato

That was a joke.

But the liquor sets are a good way to go.

Vsop

VSOP is a standard or category of cognac/brandy (it stands for Very Special, Old Pale). You might think to get him something from the same brand name in the XO (eXtra Old) that he probably would not buy himself (this price range is about $90-$200/bottle). If you could spring for some nice cognac/brandy glasses .. it would go along ways. Oh, don't forget the Mom too. Typically, the men are the bosses, but the women really run things (like, how's that different in most other countries ;)). Something small, expensive, yet not too persononal would be nice (a favorite perfume, a simple gold necklase, a silk scarf ... etc).

Good luck.

-lance

Very Superior Old Pale!!
if he doesnt like it, i will buy him some godzillas then !!!

Back
Top Bottom