What's new

Possible careers

Kayumi

後輩
27 Jul 2008
I'm almost seventeen, one year from going to college. I will do a Bachelors degree in Mandarin/Japanese and a masters degree in Mandarin (or Japanese, dunno, still too early to think about it), that will last 2 years, being the first year spent in China or Japan.

My native language is Portuguese, I can also speak english and spanish.

Here's what I'll study, during the bachelors degree:

*1st year*

-Chinês Moderno I (modern chinese I)

-Cultura Popular Chinesa (Chinese popular culture)

-História da Expansão Portuguesa no Extremo Oriente (history of the portuguese expansion (?) in Asia)

-Japonês Moderno I (modern japanese I)

-Chinês Moderno II (modern chinese II)

-Geografia Humana, Económica e Turística da China (human, turistic, economic geography of China)

-Japonês Moderno II (modern japanese II)

-Geografia do Japão (Japan's geography)

*2nd year*

-Chinês Moderno III (modern chinese III)

-História e Cultura Chinesas I (chinese history and culture)

-Relações entre a Europa e o Extremo Oriente (relashionships between Europe and Asia)

-Japonês Moderno III (modern Japanese III)

-História do Japão I (Japanese history I)

-Chinês Moderno IV (modern chinese IV)

-História e Cultura Chinesas II (chinese history and culture II)

-Japonês Moderno IV (modern japanese IV)

-História do Japão II (japanese history II)

-Cultura Japonesa I (japanese Culture I)

*3rd year*

-Chinês Moderno V (modern chinese V)

-Chinês Comercial e Turístico (comercial and touristic chinese)

-História e Actualidade das Relações Diplomáticas Chinesas (chinese history and diplomatic relashionships)

-Japonês Moderno V (modern japanese V)

-Cultura Japonesa II (japanese culture II)

-Chinês Moderno VI (modern chinese VI)

-Técnicas e Prática da Tradução do Chinês (chinese tranlation practising)

-China Económica e Política, Mercado e Cultura Empresarial (economic and political china, its market and business culture)

-Japonês Moderno VI (modern japanese VI)

-Japão Económico e Político Contemporâneo (Political an economic Japan nowadays)

Mandarin is major, that's why China has some more subjects related to it.
I also like China, but Japan is my love.

Sorry, I just had that in a document P:
And sorry once more since I did not made the title very clear, it is:

Possible Careers?

If you are over a year removed from graduating high school and already have all of your college courses picked in advance, shouldn't you already know what kind of careers that would make available to you?

If not, maybe you should start thinking about what you might want to do after school rather than asking others what the classes you have already decided will limit you to.

If you are over a year removed from graduating high school and already have all of your college courses picked in advance, shouldn't you already know what kind of careers that would make available to you?
I have an idea yes, but wanted to see what some more experienced people had to say and to suggest. I would like to be a tranlator or interpreter (portuguese japanese and chinese), working at some embassy (of a portuguese speaking country) would also be good. I know there are other jobs, and I would like to know which.
Other thing I love is Soccer, I will try to play it at the college team (if there's one), I would be cool to have a job related to it.

Thanks.

Translators are highly trained and experienced, unlike most college graduates.
Embassies have their own requirements. Look at them.

Otherwise you seem to have such a generic humanities degree that it's not going to be easy to pin down any specific job. Whatever it'll be, expect it to be equally generic and low level.

Back
Top Bottom